Saturday, October 28, 2006

Little Fish

Dear Blogosphere,

You haven't heard from me for quite some time. That's because Sacha is a funnier writer, so I usually let her entertain you. But, she's been so tired lately that I think I may have to start pitching in here a bit. Yes, it's possible that I'll bore you, but I suppose that's better than no updates at all, no?

Now, I don't think Sacha's sufficiently kept you in the loop and answered Traci's question. Yes, she is feeling movement from the baby! She thinks it started possibly as early as 13 weeks but the first flutters and taps were so very light that she wasn't sure. But as of 16 weeks, she was pretty darn sure and she's felt movement several days since then. Today the little fish is swiming around nearly all day. I can't contain myself! I so can't wait until I can feel shim move from the outside. I think I'm almost more excited about that right now than I am about finding out the sex in a few weeks. Hmmm....I don't know though. So much to be excited about these days!!

We have our next prenatal on Monday and I'm sure hoping it includes another doppler of the heartbeat. And, we've been meeting with several doulas to get settled on one early. I feel so grateful that things have been going so well so far.

Oh, and my words for Anonymous..."WHATEVER!". Why do you assume someone is not a Christian when you don't even know them? And, if you wanted to have a real dialog you wouldn't be so chicken and would use your name. And, what could you have possibly hoped to accomplish with your comment besides just spreading ill will? Break up our child's parents before they are even born? Yeah, I can see how that would be best for everyone...you're right. Oh, and please don't say you don't judge us, because that's exactly what you're doing.

Has anyone ever received a nasty comment like this, EVER, that didn't contain typos/words spelled incorrectly? Hmmmmm.

5 Comments:

At 10/28/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is so exciting! I bet you'll totally freak out when you start seeing movement from the outside.

When I read anon's comment, the misspellings were driving me insane! But I do believe that misspelling simple words is a requirement for trolls/drive-by commentors.

 
At 10/29/2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

Yay for movement!!! That's so exciting!

And yes, why is it that the crazies and drive-by religious zealots can't spell to save their lives? I guess they feel they have to comment on 100 blogs before lunchtime, in order to "save" us all, so don't have time for trivialities such as spelling.

 
At 10/29/2006 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must keep us posted when you feel movement from the outside ;)

My comments related to anon are in the previous entry ;)

Enjoy your miracle!! :)

 
At 10/30/2006 7:44 AM, Blogger Trista said...

The first few times I felt movement from the outside, it felt like gas bubbles, too. And I know that it felt like gas bubbles, because starting about, like, the 12th week, Kristin would grab my hand and push it in her stomach and say: do you feel that? I think that's the baby! And I would feel something and then she would go: oh, nope, it's just gas. So when I finally felt it, it felt just like the gas, but it wasn't! And that was super cool!

 
At 10/30/2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

That's so exciting about the movement!!! It is incredible and I love it. :)

So good to see you posting. I don't find your posts boring at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home