Thursday, March 15, 2007

37 Weeks!

Well, according to some circles out there, we are to term.

The pain in my hips is reaching critical mass. I think I'm going to have to start sleeping sitting up and I'm not particularly happy about it. It seems like I'm finally entering the part of pregnancy where the inevitable outcome is wanting LB out no matter what that means.

Ugh.

I have to admit that I've enjoyed the third trimester more than the previous two. The first was nerve-wracking. I was still sick half-way through the second, and then I actually felt mostly normal and not terribly pregnant. Now I'm hugely preggo and get to feel and watch our little guy try to make himself just a little bit more room. It's just so cool. I don't care if I hurt. I don't care if I'm tired. It's COOL.

I'm starting to think about not being pregnant. I can barely remember what my body was like before getting pregnant so I'm preparing to rediscover myself afterward. I'm mentally giving myself a year after the birth before I get back to normal, whatever that may be.

So here we are. Almost to the end of this journey and I'm kind of sad to see things wrapping up. That's okay, though, because it's the start of entirely different kind of adventure...parenting.

Yikes.

6 Comments:

At 3/16/2007 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have followed your journey from FF to your now, 'Baby Blog'! It has been exciting and scary. I wish you both the best as new mommies and just know that you are going to be great at your 'new jobs'!! Thank you so much for sharing with us this wonderful and precious journey! I can harldy wait to see pics of LB Oh yeh and to find out his name!! LOL.... :o)

April (DestinySky FF)

 
At 3/16/2007 6:19 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Congrats on 37 weeks! Looking forward to reading about the good news when LB arrives!

 
At 3/16/2007 7:04 AM, Blogger Targetgirl said...

Hooray for 37 weeks! I am so excited for you two. In no time at all you will be snuggling LB on the outside!

I just want to warn you that your body will not be your own for a loooooong time. Sure, you aren't pg, but this little one has no concept that you aren't his. Nursing is a big factor in this. But, at least there isn't the heartburn, swelling, aching, and weight gain of pregnancy. It is an all new kind of body surrender...

 
At 3/16/2007 7:40 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Hi- I know this isn't the right spot to contact you...but I couldn't find it and had a question. I am in seattle and ttc and think I read an archived post of yours about figuring out where to get an HSG that was less expensive. I was wondering if you could pass that information on to me. We are waiting to see if this round takes, otherwise I want to check into getting an HSG. And I don't feel I get good information from the fertility clinic. THANKS! And, great blog and good luck!!

 
At 3/16/2007 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking to say congrats on 37 weeks! I've been reading your blog since the beginning of your pregnancy - we were due the same day, but Mason decided to make a VERY early appearance at 34w1d - and I'm so excited for you to be nearing the home stretch. Good luck, I can't wait to hear about LB!

 
At 3/16/2007 12:49 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

queercorn...pls feel free to email me at sacha at drizzle dot com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home