Friday, March 16, 2007

Induction Scare

My bp was up today and my weight is up over last week (too many cookies, very bad preggo). So our doc did a PIH panel and told us that if the labs came back looking bad we were going to go ahead and induce.

WE ARE SOOOOOO NOT READY.

M. and I had to seriously consider what it would mean if LB arrives in the next couple days. What things would need to be done? How would we cope?

I kept telling my body to just give me one more week. I need that time to get into the right head space. I want to finish our birthing class. M. has a job interview on Wednesday. We are planning on an Aries baby, dammit. Just one more week, then LB can make his appearance.

AHHHH!

Our doc called. My labs were fine. I probably need to get some more rest.

Talk about a wake up call.

4 Comments:

At 3/17/2007 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that they don't have to do the induction. You should rest up as much as you can. Once the baby is here things will get a little crazy.

 
At 3/17/2007 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he does come before you are ready, (are you ever ready??), don't worry. you will be fine. Our daughter decided to come at 34w 5 days, much to our surprise. They do not need much, except love, nurishment and diapers the first few weeks. Good luck!!

 
At 3/17/2007 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh!
so glad your results were ok.
thinking of you both & getting so excited!!

 
At 3/18/2007 12:32 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

that's the funny thing about babies: they come in THEIR timing - not the timing that works best for us. :) i am so glad everything turned out ok for you and you didn't have to go the induction route. wish m. good luck on her job interview!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home