Friday, April 13, 2007

The Good Stuff...

Baby Burrito...mmm..mmmm...tasty!

M. says I have to post about the good stuff. Okay, here goes...

Finn's jaundice is much, much better. He's got a little left in his eyes and face but most of his body is warm, dry, pink and still fuzzy. His stool is finally transitioning to a breast milk stool and I think that will give the skin on his bum a little break. He was looking at us today all cross eyed until M. and I laughed, then he proceeded to sneeze. He was working up to it.

I'm learning all about the noises of my neighborhood throughout the night. I'm also learning that the birds come out at about 5 am. And Finn gave us three whole hours of sleep tonight and cluster fed earlier in the evening.

Finn loves his vibro-chair. It settles him nicely. M. was horrified when I suggested putting our muy expensive and fancy vibrator to good use. It has a lot of different settings...he might like it.

I'm doing okay about the c-section. No more panic attacks about not breathing. I'm going to look for a c-secton support group because I've had this urge to reach out and talk to other women who have gone through c-sections. My incision is healing well. I'm only using tylenol for pain.

Of all the nice things in the world, H&L, a couple we met in our birthing class, brought us FOOD today. What makes it extra special is that they are a week post date. Their little boy was due the same day as Finn. We're looking forward to GOOD dinner and returning the favor.

On Wednesday I had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude for finally being a parent. It was a truly good feeling.

And that's the good stuff. Yay!

8 Comments:

At 4/13/2007 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a c-section, so if you have any questions, let me know. or if you need someone to talk to, talk away!!!

 
At 4/13/2007 6:19 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Yay for good stuff! The good stuff gets better with time. Those first weeks are hard with the lack of sleep and adjusting to everything.

Friends that bring you food rock! That is sooo helpful. Or friends/family that come over and hold the baby for a bit. It's just nice to get a break.

The baby burrito is the best. We do that with Riley at night as it keeps her asleep. If she's not swaddled, her arms wake her up. :P

Glad the jaundice is going away. :) Good job, moms!

 
At 4/13/2007 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And there will be much, much more good stuff.

Way to go, mommies. You're doing great.

 
At 4/13/2007 7:42 AM, Blogger tifferny said...

yup. nothing beats being a parent. NOTHING.

glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods and that your incision is healing nicely. i think your idea of finding a support group is fabulous. i joined a few after the birth of mikaela. a breast feeding one and then a "new mommy" one. it was really very cool, i got a lot out of it and also met some great people. no, it wasn't all roses and sunshine. like i mentioned before, being a parent of a newborn is HARD. we discussed everything - good, bad and ugly. :)

as far as using the vibrator on finn....you know, you're just giving "anonymous" more ammunition. :) you know, if you think about it, technically, vibrators are "traditionally" used to treat muscle pain and as a form of body relaxation. if finn likes his vibrating chair, then i'm sure he'll love the vibrator too. LOL

glad to see the jaundice is packing up its bags and making its way out!

 
At 4/13/2007 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lucky your little one likes the burrito. My little Sofia for someone reason feels the need to conduct and orchestra in her sleep she does not like her arms bound. So she conducts on :). Motherhood is an interesting transition. That is only way I can describe it. But remember most of us who just had babies truly know how you are feeling right now and it is all normal. Even if people say it isn't. What is normal for some may be foreign to others. Some women love breastfeeding while I resented it. But I love being a mother and although I am exhausted with getting with her throughout the night as partner cannot help right now during the week, as she is a truck driver it just would not be safe a sleepy truck driver on the road. I am doing ok and feel overall ok. I think the biggest help for me has been to hit the discount stores and find myself a pair or jeans or 2 that make me feel like an adult again and not just a mommy. Best of luck ladies.

 
At 4/13/2007 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

baby burritos are the cutest!!

xo

 
At 4/13/2007 4:03 PM, Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

Oh he's just tooooooooo gorgeous with that cute little face.

 
At 4/13/2007 7:18 PM, Blogger EJW said...

My mom always says that the Miracle Blanket makes babies look like vintage Little People dolls, with the cylindrical body and round head and no arms.

Finn looks pretty happy there. My son loves being all strait-jacket-ed like that, too.

It's good to hear that things are getting better. And it's all uphill from here. Just wait until he smiles- you'll melt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home