Saturday, April 28, 2007

Visiting Work & The Pacifier


me & finn breast feeding

M. and I took Finn to visit my work peeps today. It was so much fun. By the time we arrived at the hospital Finn was a hungry little boy so we sat in the break room on my floor and fed for about 45 minutes, big ol' boob hanging out and everything. I loved seeing my coworkers. Then we visited my peeps in the ICU where I used to work. We showed off the boy and everyone thought he is soooooo cute.

People were commenting that Finn looks more like M. than me. He he.

The Pacifier


Finn does not like any sort of artificial nipple. M. is such a proud mama because her boy just won't take a pacifier. He barely gums it then spits it right out. I used a nipple shield when we were having our couple days of difficulty with my inverted left nipple and he only took it once then refused to latch onto it a second time. He doesn't really like the bottle either, but he takes it. I guess milk trumps all.

The boy likes skin. Boob. Hand. Arm. Grandpa's neck. Warm, soft, skin. None of that silicone crap.

2 Comments:

At 4/29/2007 10:01 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Riley hated the soother at first too but now likes it when she's overtired and needs to soothe herself to sleep. She used our fingers at first and would spit out the soother. We have only had luck with the Avent soothers though, maybe because they resemble her bottles' nipples.

Glad things are going well. It's always nice to get out of the house!

 
At 4/30/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

When he gets better control of hands, he'll find his own built-in pacifier. One 6-month old girl I babysit likes to suck on her middle and ring fingers at the same time. It's so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home