Friday, April 20, 2007

Walking, walking, walking...

Finn gave me a little over THREE hours tonight and doesn't appear to want to cluster feed until sunrise. Thank you, little boy.

M. and I have been out walking the last couple days. Not even the down-the-block post-c-section walks, but nice, long walk to the post office and our neighborhood store. The problem is we're taking our walk during the couple hours that Finn finally stops feeding and sacks out, then he's ready to eat by the time we get back and I end up not getting a nap during the day.

It feels really good to get out and walk. I was in so much pain at the end of pregnancy that moving was difficult, even though we were getting out regularly. Now I can move with very little pain and my stamina is greatly improved. It feels really good. It feels human again.

In the meantime, Finn has some funny new habits:
  • Boob head butting. When he's hungry he arches his back, pushes with is legs and raises his head up really high, then crashes it into M.'s or my chest over and over. Poor little guy hasn't figured out that my boobs and M's boobs are slightly different.
  • The teradactyl. Babies are supposed to coo and babble. Finn seems to like to make high pitched moans and grunts. We've started calling him The Teradactyl, because that's what he sounds like. It's really funny.
  • Wild Man. Finn has started to latch onto all kinds of weird places, like M.'s arm. And he gets this WILD look in his eyes and shakes his head rapidly as he latches. He was giving her a baby hickey last night and M. and I couldn't stop laughing.
Okay, time to get the boy back on the boob and see if we can settle him for a few more hours.

6 Comments:

At 4/20/2007 4:39 AM, Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

I can't tell you just how much hope your post gives me. I'm so very fucking tired of feeling semi-crippled and I'm scared that adding a C-section on top of that will render me immobile for a long time to come. But look at you getting out and about more comfortably! You're an inspiration my friend.

 
At 4/20/2007 6:59 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

that's great that you're getting out for some exercise. i hear you about the nap. when i walk with riley, i wish she would stay awake! lol. and those high pitch noises are hilarious but they will change soon. love the crazy hungry baby mode. hehe he

 
At 4/20/2007 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., Sacha, it may seem like it, but I SWEAR I am not crazy...I have heard of women who begin to lactate, even if they have not had a baby. I've even heard the same of FATHERS who so want to be a part of the intimacy of nursing (not really sure if that's true)...my point is...and I'm not trying to cross any boundaries here...

Have you and M. ever considered trying to introduce Finn to M.'s breast?

Traci

 
At 4/20/2007 11:43 AM, Blogger tifferny said...

LOL! omg i called mikaela the teradactyl too! in the first couple of months of her life she was, for the most part, really calm and quite. however, when she wanted something, my god she shrieeeeeeked bloody murder!!! like mikaela, finn will eventually grow out of it as he builds trust. he'll soon come to realize that when he's hungry he gets fed. he'll learn that no one is going to ignore him and not meet his needs. it doesn't make the shrieking in the meantime any easier, though. LOL :)

 
At 4/20/2007 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the random latching thing! Any fleshy soft spot will do, apparently. Once my DS#1 tried to latch on to my dad's whiskery neck, and he cracked me up telling Ben, "I'm afraid you won't get much out of this shriveled up old turnip!" Well, I'm still here, following your blog, one day past my EDD. GGrrr...Send some vibes my way.
P.S. I don't want to step on your toes or freak you out, but in your pics I see a cord of something hanging over the rail of the crib. Please consider moving/securing whatever it is sp the cord is not in the crib. Babies can get all kinds of strange, non-dangerous seeming things tangled around them. I'm awalys amazed at what can be a potential danger in the various stanges of babyhood and infancy. There have been several times I've discovered something at my house that, thankfully, didn't cause a problem, but could have.
Emily

 
At 4/20/2007 5:35 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Emily - thanks for the warning re. the cord in the crib. We actually never put him in the crib except for the occasional nap, which I'm glad for. It's the baby monitor, which I will move.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home