Monday, May 28, 2007

Breast Feeding

BFing is making freakin' hungry ALL THE TIME. It's worse than when I was pregnant. Everywhere we go we have to pack snacks. M. and I thought we'd have to pack snacks for our toddler, not for me.

I started baking these high calorie muffins as a snack. They have oat bran, whole wheat flour, carrots, dried cherries & currants, pecans and coconut. I make them with the really high fat greek yogurt and coconut oil. They're good but they still don't cut it.

The only thing that helps? Ice cream. I actually bought Ben and Jerry's frozen yogurt to see if it might work since I'm ingesting a huge amount ice cream. Nope. Gotta be the real stuff - nice, fatty ice cream.

3 Comments:

At 5/28/2007 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Since bfing burns 600 calories a day, it's no wonder you're hungry! My first experience in BFing resulted in me losing a lot of body fat...to the point that my OB told me to eat more ice cream to help my own calorie store. :) :)

I find that high-protien milkshakes really help too. Good luck!!

 
At 5/28/2007 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally not on the subject of BFing (although I am looking forward to any excuse to eat full fat ice cream in about 7 months...) I went with Mindi today to "Merry-Go-Round" in Bellevue, you know, by the whole foods, and they had, on clearance, that funky little stroller with only 2 wheels that I think you poted a picture of at some point... Did you post that?? I am losing my mind thanks to the little bean... But... if it was you that posted that 2-wheeler picture, it is on clearance! go check it out!

 
At 5/28/2007 10:00 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

He he! Thanks Lynn...I'll go check it out. Congrats on your pregnancy BTW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home