Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Who's Driving the Bus around Here?

I tell you this much, having a baby is in no way convienent. We sleep when Finn sleeps. We leave restaurants when he wants to. We forgo spending the day at the Bastyr fair and getting foot soaks because our little man doesn't want to be there any more. It's nothing about us and all about him.

Finn is driving the bus around here.

I'm not complaining. Well, not too much. Maybe it's the Zoloft, but I feel amazingly okay with having an increasingly not so tiny baby being large and in charge around here. M. and I just buckle up and go along for the ride.

The time for structure and discipline will no doubt come, and we'll do what we need to do. I have no doubt about that. Until then, we both have the time and space to just let Finn come into this world in the manner he needs to. I'm really grateful for that.

4 Comments:

At 6/13/2007 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can completely relate to what you are saying about the baby driving the house. Sofia does the same with us. We have stopped going to restaurants and going out to eat because sometimes it is just not convenient or doesn't coinside with "her" schedule. You know it is funny i have been joking lately that Sofia will "allow" me to get a shower and dry my hair BUT that is it. I am not allowed to put my make up on or take my time to find my shoes. Nope she gives me a half hour to do what I need to do and then it is "get your shit and lets go" attitude and well that is exactly what I do. I get her stuff and we go to daycare. FUN FUN. I end up getting to work early so I put my make up on in the car. You know it is funny I use to be very particular about my house but since she has come along it is what Sofia wants and if she doesn't want me vacuuming right now because she needs snuggle time or play time well then that is the bottom line. It is amaizing how a baby can run the show.

 
At 6/13/2007 6:09 AM, Blogger Jude said...

I just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed reading and scouring your journal these past few weeks. It's like I'm taking notes on what we have to look forward to.

xo

 
At 6/13/2007 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome parents!

Misty

 
At 6/13/2007 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, lemmee tell ya...the time for structure and discipline does not obviate the fact that the CHILD is IN CHARGE! I wish i could have fully appreciated that when I was 2 and, according to my mom, ran through the house yelling "i wish I were in charge". The answer to that should have been "you are, baby, you ARE."

You're doing a great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home