Friday, November 02, 2007

Happy Seven Months

Harbinger of Toddlerhood, originally uploaded by Sacha Digi.

I've been feeling really down lately. Just crappy and ugly and unhappy. It sucks because I'm not usually in this crap-ass of a mood. Then my period started this morning and I thought GLORY BE, THAT WAS IT!! Seems the post-partum version of Sacha is even more hormonal than before. Uh, yay.

Anyway...

SEVEN MONTHS. TODAY.

I woke up this morning thinking about the morning my water broke. Then I figured out it was his birthday, so no wonder my mind was wandering back to that fateful morning. It seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago all at the same time.

It's funny because pregnancy and labor felt so significant at the time. Probably because I had the time to sit around and think about things. Now that Finn is very much a presence in our lives...an all-consuming presence, his gestation and arrival seem less significant. I still maintain that a long labor culminating in a c-section does not pale next to the end product. They are different creatures. The whole thing just feel further away and a little less painful. That's nice.

Thank you, seven months.

And how is the boy? Well, FINNtastic, thank you. He's our boy wonder who is currently trying to eat a paper bag. Life with Finn continues to be 100 miles per hour but things are getting so much fun now.

How will we be celebrating the day? I'm making Finn mini pumpkin muffins and it's a beautiful day so we're going to take a walk and enjoy each other's company.

4 Comments:

At 11/02/2007 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 7 month birthday Finn!

Mira turned 7 months yesterday - crazy how fast time flies!

Janet

 
At 11/02/2007 1:55 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

It seems like he was just born last week! I can't believe it's been 7 months. Happy 7 month birthday to all of you! Your plans for the day sound lovely.

 
At 11/03/2007 6:16 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Happy 7 months!!!!!

 
At 11/05/2007 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 7 months! So cute!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home