Monday, December 19, 2005

What's your sign, little girl?

We have this book that combines your astrological sign and your Chinese sign then tells you all about yourself. And it's creepily accurate. This morning we realized that we'd never consulted THE BOOK about DtD. M. ran out into the living room, naked as god meant her to be, brought it back to bed and we cuddled up together in an attempt to pry into DtD's psyche.

Here's what the book has to say about me: When it comes to knowing how to love, romance, tenderness, loyalty and depth of feeling are true qualities. Taurus/Pigs have them all. They are really all or nothing love bugs with a unique taste for the finest that sensuality has to offer. Never serenade a Taurus/Pig under her window or swashbuckle around her. She'll only laugh and you won't be able to see that cozy nest.... Be cool. And intelligent. And funny.

And my M. ... If a Leo/Rat loves somebody deeply and fondly and tenderly, it is very often irrevocably forever. If you love a Leo/Rat and she loves you back, you had better hustle to find ways to amuse and entertain this active monster mind. Loving one of these people means expending both energy and emotion. You cannot be only partially in love with a Leo/Rat.

And DtD... When you encounter such a character, naturally you know you have met someone extraordinary. The Cancerian Ox is an instinctual being who operates out of grit and endurance. He knows from the beginning that the shortest distance between two goals is straight ahead. For the Cancerian Ox, love is their own private premises. They live for their love and very often say with the same loved one for life. This stubborn Cancer/Ox knows suprisingly well how to compromise in matters of feeling. He hangs on in the most perilous of storms.

What does this tell me? That between M., myself and our donor, we have three committed people who love strongly. And I love that. Loving and being loved is such a huge part of what makes me feel grounded and sane. I just don't know if I'd be as healthy as I am if I wasn't so loved.

And I just officially cheesed all over you, my dear reader.

1 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 7:12 AM, Blogger Trista said...

I gotta say, I am really loving this blog. My partner and I chose a known donor because we wanted our child to know her biological father. Our donor is a major part of our lives -- he is uncle to our child and a dear member of our family. But so often when people find out about our arrangement all we hear is negativity. We know this is meant kindly, people are afraid for us that we will lose our daughter, but still, it gets a little weary. So glad to find another couple making a similar choice and happy with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home