Monday, January 09, 2006

Trying to find the right words

Coming:

I'd like to ask if DtD's BF will be present for any of our first insem rounds. The problem is I keep coming up with inappropriate sentences:
  • Will BF be coming?
  • Is BF going to come with you?
AHHHHHHH! I'm trying to find a way to ask without using the word 'come'.

And an important question:

Being PF (penis-free) lesbians, we have never experienced real live semen. M. has been practicing drawing up with our syringe using water but is concerned about being able to get the semen through a snipped catheter tip, meaning it's quite small.

If you have done this (or are not a PF lesbian), could you share what the consistency is like so we might find a good stand-in to practice.

More Tales from the Big Date:

DtD was suggesting he could leave the sample in his mailbox. M. has now expanded on this to recommend, tongue firmly in cheek, we install a heater in the mailbox to make the sperm happy.

AND...we also discussed whether or not we are penetrating lesbians. He was concerned about the syringe fitting in my vagina. I assured him I had no concerns and filed the entire thing in my memory under Conversations I'd Never Imagined Having.

6 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 4:14 AM, Blogger Jen said...

We only used frozen and I don't think the consistency is the same, but it doesn't have any trouble getting into the syringe.

You know about not using it immediately - that you need to wait about 20 minutes after it is produced - because the consistency will change and a) it's easier to get in the syringe and b) the swimmers WORK better, right?

Good luck!

 
At 1/10/2006 5:14 AM, Blogger Shelli said...

Jen refers to "liquifaction" - where it all kind of blends together.

But in all actuality, hetro sex doesn't wait for 20 minutes, I mean it "liquifies" in the vagina. So you could try both - snip the tip of the syringe, and SLOWLY get the stuff in there, and then just put the syringe in the who-ha, and SLOWLY release. OR, wait about 10 minutes, and no snip of hte syringe necesary, and repeat.

it's up to you and your comfort zone.

Best of luck!

And from the sex I had with a man in my earliest of 20's, I remember it was a bit "viscous." If you practice with an actual egg white, that might give you a similar consistancy.

 
At 1/10/2006 7:10 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Yeah, shelli is right, it's about the consistency of egg white and just that stringy, too.

And as I said earlier, we didn't always wait for it to liquify but just put it in as soon as we can figuring that hetero people have it in immediately.

We didn't have to snip a syringe, either, but then we're not medical people, so we were using one we bought from the grocery store for medication dispensing.

Oh, and about the BF -- I phrased it perfectly the first time. You could also be formal and ask, "Will BF be attending the procedure?" THAT'S funny!

 
At 1/10/2006 7:11 AM, Blogger Trista said...

oh, I mean, YOU phrased it perfectly the first time.

Sheesh, when will I learn to proofread before posting?

 
At 1/10/2006 6:41 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

how about, "here are the diections to our place in case you want to show up/be there."

thick chicken soup
that's all I have to say

 
At 1/13/2006 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had our donor ejaculate into a condom, and then we immediately drew the spunk into a children's oral syringe. It was no problem at all, except that the first time, my g/f was a little bit of a baby about being around sperm. She was supposed to insiminate me but I lost patience and just did it myself. My advice? Don't overthink it, it's not that big a deal, and use the butt pillows, an orgasm or two, and a twenty-minute rest to do the rest for you.

We're only on our first cycle of TTC, maybe pregnant who knows? My acupuncturist thinks I am but only time will tell.

Good luck!

Franny without a Blogger account

 

Post a Comment

<< Home