Sunday, January 01, 2006

Two pints of Guinness and a lot of champagne later...

Happy 2006.

We had the best time last night.

Dinner was delicious. Our guest was DtD's boyfriend and we all had a really good time. I pulled out my candelabra that I bought at a garage sale years ago and it made a very nice centerpiece. We got to hear the entire story about how they met. The BF has always been one of our concerns because we don't know him as well as DtD. After last night I know BF would never do anything to hurt DtD. It's obvious that he loves him very much, which is sweet as anything.

He left around 10:00 and we headed to a neighborhood bar to enjoy our first smoke-free bar experience (thank you WA State voters). It was AWESOME. I had two beers (my favorite, Guinness) and we hung out with friends. One was a nurse so he and I had Nurse Chat. It was nice because my usual outlet for nurse chat has been away for the holidays. They had a countdown to midnight and a champagne toast.

Then we went home. Goodbye 2005.

2 Comments:

At 1/02/2006 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The smoke-free thing ROCKS! We don't have it statewide, but we have it in the city we live in (Minneapolis).

Rose's fave beer is also Guinness.

 
At 1/03/2006 7:43 AM, Blogger Trista said...

SO jealous of the smoke-free bars DAMN YOU Utah voters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home