Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Four Meme

Just for fun (because I was back at work today after five off and I need either some fun or a nice strong drink...)

Four non-nurse jobs I've had:
1. computer administrator
2. inside sales
3. retail clothing
4. reprographics

Four reasons nursing rocks (okay, I added this one):
1. My money is hard earned. I work my ass off.
2. You can't watch medical shows on TV without yelling at the screen, makes it that much more amusing.
3. We save lives!
4. Is there another job out there where you can learn that your patient has scabies at the end of the day and you suddenly realize you really, really need a shower. And despite all that, your job still rocks? Beats the shit out of a desk job.

Four authors, books or series I read over and over:
1. Ann Marie MacDonald
2. The Sopranos (not the TV show) by Alan Warner
3. Anything on the holocaust
4. The newspaper, because we all should read it every day

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Spirited Away (or any other Miyazaki)
2. The Little Princess (1997 version)
3. House of Flying Daggers
4. Strictly Ballroom

Four TV shows I love:
1. Veronica Mars
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Anything interesting on Frontline
4. Kids in the Hall

Four Places I've Lived:
1. Eatonville, Washington
2. Klamath Falls, Oregon
3. Spokane, Washington
4. Seattle, the Emerald City, baby

Four Places to Vacation:
1. British Columbia
2. New Zealand
3. Napa Valley
4. The Olympic Peninsula

Four sites I visit/use daily:
1. Google
2. babycakes
3. My web based email
4. Friendly Hostility

Four People I'd like to Meet in Person, based on their Blogs:
1. Trista
2. Charlotte
3. Calliope
4. Anne
5. All the babycakes readers, lets have a convention at my house!

Four Foods I Year for:
1. Creamed Spinach on Toast
2. Creamed Spinach on Toast
3. A cupcake from Two Tarts
4. Creamed Spinach on Toast

Four Inventions I'm Grateful For:
1. The interent
2. High index lenses
3. The Sonicare toothbrush
4. Vibrators and lube

Four Musical Choices for my Personal Soundtrack
1. Destroy Everything You Touch, Ladytron
2. Fuck and Run, Liz Phair
3. There's a Light that Never Goes Out, Smiths
4. All Apologies, Nirvana

Four Nouns that Describe Me:
1. Nurse
2. Wife
3. Cook
4. Thinker

Four bloggers I'm tagging:
I'm not tagging. If you want to gak this from me, please feel free. After all, I gakked it from someone else.

6 Comments:

At 3/02/2006 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sacha,

Any chance you went to the lovely Whitworth College? I thought you looked a bit familiar, then saw Spoke-la-desh on your list of places you've lived.

Bree (aka At Bat from Fertility Friend)

 
At 3/02/2006 7:31 AM, Blogger Trista said...

I LOVE Stictly Ballroom, AND The Little Princess (do you like The Secret Garden of the same era, too?) and Kids in the Hall is SO funny.

We will meet, one of these days...

 
At 3/02/2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Bree...yes, I was behind the pine cone curtain. You can email me. sacha at drizzle dot com.

 
At 3/02/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

oooooooooh Spirited Away!

& I must know - what is with creamed spinach on toast? Do you DO something to the spinach? Is it on dry toast? How did you stumble across such a thing?

 
At 3/02/2006 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too me too - I want to know all about creamed spinach on toast!

 
At 3/02/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Creamed spinach on toast is the most surprisingly sublime food in the world. And it sounds so boring but it's delish. M. made it for me once and I was in heaven so I hope and dream that I might have it made for me again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home