Sunday, April 16, 2006

Day 16: Update

I didn't take the progesterone and my period started this morning. I really don't think I was pregnant and both M. and were getting sick of waiting for A.F. so we could move on.

I'm going to leave my beloved family practice doc and find an OBGYN to help guide us into our next cycles. I can't take drugs like this without having some good idea of the outcome. My doc never prescribed progesterone specifically for luteal phase extension but for pregnancy support.

Sara, your input really helps. A ton. Well, except that now I feel like I may have purposely aborted Bambi.

9 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 7:21 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I don't think that by stopping the progesterone you would have "aborted" Bambi. I doubt that missing 1 or 2 doses could have that effect. The way that my doctor explained it is that the progesterone is to help support the pregnancy be keeping the endometrial lining thick. I was on it specifically because I was taking Clomid, which was making my lining too thin.

Anyway - wishing you the best of luck as you move on to next month!!

 
At 4/17/2006 5:34 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

oh crap.
so sorry guys.
((hugs))

 
At 4/17/2006 6:34 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

sorry you two i really am

 
At 4/17/2006 7:31 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Oh, I am so sorry about Bambi. It sucks that you're not pregnant, and it sucks that this cycle was so crazy and up-and-down. I hope the new doctor helps.

 
At 4/17/2006 7:51 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Sorry you two. Aargh! I hope the other doctor is more helpful and next cycle is your month. Hang in there however you know how.

 
At 4/17/2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

you know, after all that, it's not bad to be starting again. And I have a fabulous new name for next cycle!!!!

 
At 4/18/2006 2:50 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Sorry that it was a sad end to a frustrating cycle :o(

 
At 4/19/2006 5:33 AM, Blogger art-sweet said...

Bambi? You thought you were pregnant with a deer? ;-)

I'm sorry this cycle didn't work - this whole process is so miserable!

p.s. Can you get your site to publish an RSS feed so I know when you've updated?

 
At 4/19/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger starevelina said...

I'm sorry! What a frustrating rollercoaster! Thinking good thoughts your way. -Kate-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home