Monday, April 10, 2006

The Food-a-Thon Continues

For dinner, lentils with wine glazed veggies over toast and steamed asparagus with a lemon vinaigrette.

Other distractions: coffee milk chocolate chip bundt cake with a coffee-sugar wash. I mean, YUM.

M. is really wanting to kill me right now. If it makes her feel better, I'm going to take my beautiful bundt cake to work to share with my coworkers tomorrow.

If I'm preggers, or at least WHEN I'm preggers, how will I cope with having no energy and not being able to bake and cook like a maniac? I'm going to lose part of myself.

5 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry sweetie, you'll have plenty of energy, especially after sleeping through the first ten weeks! Take it from me...one day my husband had me take a nice relaxing soak in the tub, and while I was in there i took a nylon scraper and took out all the old nasty grout so that he'd have to replace it before the baby was born! I think much of your energy level during pregnancy has to do with your nutrition (note: I know there are women who do take excellent care of themselves and still have rough pregnancies, so I don't mean to offend anyone). I ate better during my pregnancy than I didbefore it and it made quite a difference.

That being said, if your sleepy pregnant self wants a nice bath of wholesome almond macaroons, I'll send you and M. a batch =)

 
At 4/11/2006 4:49 AM, Blogger party b said...

Yeah, I agree - once you sleep for a few months you have great energy...

and when I had a cake craving I made it and the icing from scratch... amazing how we have reserves of energy - now, the laundry... that's a DIFFERENT issue :-)

 
At 4/11/2006 8:48 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

CHICAS!! Your chart looks FRIGGIN GREAT!!!

 
At 4/11/2006 2:13 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

Did I miss it? Did you test?

& seriously loving the food info. You should have a recipe once a week so we can all eat as well as you!

 
At 4/12/2006 6:15 AM, Blogger *G* said...

my, that chart *is* looking really pretty!

i, too, like the recipe idea!

fingers crossed for you this month :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home