Tuesday, June 06, 2006

B-Day

2.5 hours until we head to the MD for our beta test.

We peed on a stick yesterday...negative. Grrrr. But still no spotting, no period, and I feel pretty much like crapola. If I'm not pregnant, this is the closest we've gotten so far.

Hope has taken over at this point. I listened to a story on NPR yesterday about babies who fight sleep and the best methods to help them get to sleep. I imagined what WE might do. I imagined telling our parents, telling DtD, telling KK, telling Jess, and eventually telling the world. I pictured us carrying our baby around, started mentally going through baby names...I mean full-on HOPE.

I still feel burned. We both do. I think M. and I will be okay if this is it, we'll feel like six tries was okay. It still hurts like a mofo. Nothing will ever take away what we've went through, and I know it's nothing compared to what other TTCers go through. Infertility hurts, even just the slightest taste of it.

So happy 06/06/06! This is the day that we go see if our little 006, the sixth try, may have stuck.

The Cherry on the Sundae

I had to add a little extra happiness. WA state recently passed a queer non-discrimination bill. The day after it passed, our asswipe initiative guru, Tim Eyman, announced he would put forth a referendum to repeal the law and an initiative to roll back the rights WA state queers have gained.

Today was the day for him to turn in his sigs for the referendum.

He didn't get enough sigs. ::happy dance::

The referendum has the lowest threshold of signatures to get on the ballot. Timmy didn't get what he needed, even after he appealed to the conservatve churches. And all the queers in WA state sighed in relief. I highly doubt he'll get enough sigs for the initiative.

What does this mean? NOW the WA state supreme court can rule on marriage.

3 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 6:46 AM, Blogger Krista said...

I am hoping and praying for a positive beta for you and M. That progestoroni can be a really bitch when it comes to pregger like symptoms and hope.

 
At 6/06/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

THINKING OF YOU!

Man, I have never even made it to a beta test- so I have everything crossed for you gals.

 
At 6/06/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Lots of hope going on here for you both (((((Sacha & Megan))))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home