Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Gonna Wash that Sperm...

It's a good thing that DtD is less feisty than me and prevented me from going after the Clinic That Sold His Info with all the fury of a mother bear, because...well...we're using them to do the sperm wash.

Ironically, they'll do the wash for us with the least number of hoops. The lab tech and I have agreed that we know NOTHING and DtD is officially my BF. He he. My very first BF. I have to run and scribble an entry in my diary right away and all of the sudden Barry Manilow songs are making sense.... ::sigh:: Dear Diary...he's sooooooooooo dreamy....I wonder why he keeps making comments about other guys' asses.

Anyway...

We did approach the so-called Friendly Clinic and they called back saying that they really needed the labs for me and my "partner". Unless they want M. tested, seems the person on the other end of the phone didn't bother to read my file enough to know that he's NOT my partner. I never have been so happy to tell someone that we wouldn't be using their services.

I wish I hadn't hung up the phone so soon. In retrospect, what a great opportunity to inform them that they are actively preventing me from managing my own healthcare. They narrowly avoided being exposed to my diatribe about my right to autonomy and to make my own decisions. And this is a place that strong supports a woman's right to chose. At least if you want to terminate a pregnancy, but if you want to create a life, it's a whole 'nother story.

Irony at its best.

1 Comments:

At 8/07/2006 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

However, I hope that you do at some point write that clinic a letter expressing your views. Since we have to lie to clinics when we want their help with inseminating with fresh donor sperm, it would be good if at least *after* we are no longer vulnerable some of us could give some honest feedback about this particular failing of the reproductive health care system.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home