Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It Takes a Village to Create a Baby...

Or in this case one DtD, one doc, one ME, one M., one medical assistant who witnessed the entire event, one Jessica who called as I was flat on my back with my legs spread and a speculum up my vagina, one awesome charge nurse who covered my patients....

Should I go on?

This baby is becoming public property with all the people now involved.

Well, kids, we finaly did it. One IUI down, maybe zero to go, maybe not. It just feels so damn good to do something different. And M. got to check out my lovely cervix.

6 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 7:37 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Glad it went well. Was it a breeze? I was so nervous for my first IUI but after having 6, I can honestly say it was so easy. I know for some it's not though. I also liked when the doctor included Angele and let her look at my cervix, view the sperm under the microscope and warm it in her hands. It's really not a bad process, even with so many folks involved. I hope this does the trick and your first IUI is also your last! FX for you two!!!!

 
At 7/13/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger pixie sticks said...

delurking to tell you guys that this is what finally worked for us. Good luck!

 
At 7/13/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

wooo hoooo! Welcome to the land of IUI. Glad yours went well. I hope it is the last one you ever have to have ;-)

 
At 7/13/2006 2:14 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

HEY! YAY. The cervix is an odd bird. So glad the experience was ok. We will be doing this next month!!

 
At 7/13/2006 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it was a good experience! All those people in the room staring at the places few people usually stare will go a long way towards getting you comfortable for the three-ring circle that every birth I've attended has been! I hope this is the one for you two.

 
At 7/16/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Hurrah, hurrah! Even if the timing proved to be potentially a little off, at least being fresh, they should have lasted a while.
Here's hoping that it makes a difference this cycle ;o)
It's about time you gals got a damm baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home