Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Back from the Hinterlands!

Seems babycakes decided to be crabby while we were out of town and away from all things electronic.

We had a great time, although M. has declared that the first trimester is NOT the time to take a mini-vaca. Well, unless your idea of a good time is your wife queasy in the car and falling asleep half the time.

Poor Anne and M. ended up camping with us through the one night of awful, awful rain. The rest of the trip was beautiful, sunny and clear weather.

We were so happy so see a bed with a down comforter on Monday night at our friend Angela's house. We met her fantastic husband for the first time and both really liked him. It was house of the preggos since Ang is 7.5 months pregnant. They have a great cat named Louie. Poor Louie has no idea that he's about to be demoted to number two.

We made an emergency stop at Motherhood for preggo clothes. The really cute jeans I got from JC Penny are freakin' TOO BIG and I was tired of pulling them up constantly. $88 later I have a new shirt, new pair of jeans and a pair of black pants. Sacha is happy. We also found these cute little jumpers for the little frog for $3.00 each. They are blue but we decided we could throw them on a girl too. I mean, $3.00. That's thriftstore pricing, baby.

Pics later. Well, since I had to rush back to work the next morning, as soon as I get time and when I'm not falling asleep.

4 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 7:10 PM, Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

Gotta love bargain mini-clothes for bubs. At least it's the right size price tag for the size of the clothes!

 
At 9/14/2006 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee, you're back! Glad you had a good time-sorry about the queasies! You should go back during your 2nd tri- it really is the "honeymoon" of pregnancy. Welcome home!

 
At 9/14/2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Glad you had a great trip. I agree, 2nd trimester is probably easier for vacation--when you're feeling more human. I love my jeans from Thyme Maternity the best. Gotta get some more since I wear them more than the others. Wow, you got a lot for $88. I swear it's more expensive here cuz I find Motherhood allows you very few items for lots of $$$.

 
At 9/14/2006 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First trimester = interesting holiday, for sure. We went to Bali in the early days and my girlfriend now can't even drive past an Indonesian restaurant without feeling sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home