Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Grandma Insanity

I was the first grandchild/great grandchild in my family. Our baby will the first grandchild/great grandchild in my family. All of this is creating a certain level of discernable insanity in my mother. She is beside herself to become a grandmother.

To understand this it's important to understand that my mother is a little insane to start with. In a good way. This is the woman who used to wake me up by jumping on my bed and singing The Age of Aquarius from Hair.

She's sending us a surprise. She won't tell us what it is.

Our very first baby gift.

3 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 6:40 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

So glad that your mom is so excited! Mine is too and had baby gifts picked out before we got our BFP.

I love insane families. Mine is definitely insane. My dad likes to bug us by waking us up with pots and pans clanging together. He will especially do this to my sister who is a drama queen and will give the best reaction to anything. :-P

 
At 9/06/2006 9:02 AM, Blogger Holly said...

how wonderful to have the family excited!
i am trying to get a mental picture of a mom jumping on a bed and singing The Age of Aquarius.
yes, she will be a wonderful grandma!

 
At 9/06/2006 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just spent waaaay too much time reading your past 3 months of blogs. Me, I'm just another infertile, 30 something looking for cosmic answers. I don't know if I found any answers but I sure did start feeling as if you were my friend. Know that there are perfect strangers in this crazy world that are saying prayers for you and your family. My husband and I have tried everything. From getting drunk as two-bit whore to raising my legs high in the sky......well, it still hasn't happened. We have a great doctor now and even though he won't give me the fertility drugs I crave, I feel hope eternal. ......once again, I loved your blog and hope you have a great pregnancy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home