Thursday, January 04, 2007

Welcome to the 3rd Tri

All day yesterday I worried that I had somehow launched myself into preterm labor. I hurt all over. My abdomen kept tightening up. My pelvis hurt. My rear hurt.

Being a pregnant RN is no fun. First you spend a lot of time assessing all your s/sx until you go crazy. Then you don't feel like you can just be a neurotic pregnant woman, especially at work, because everyone will get very concerned and it's probably nothing. On top of that, you have a Strong Woman job and you just don't feel strong.

I called the L&D floor at BHOI (Big Hospital of Interventions) and talked to Very Nice Nurse Theresa who basically said I'm having normal third tri s/sx and talked me down. She also said I'm going to like Dr. Katie who we go see on Monday. I just want to have some stability.

End result? I think I may have over-fibered. Yeah.

What did I learn this morning? Beyond the fact that orange crocs are hard to find in the dark, pregnancy hurts like a mother fucker.

Welcome to the third trimester. The little boy has one more week and then he gets the honor of a 90% survival rate outside the womb. Yay! It's all downhill from here.

4 Comments:

At 1/04/2007 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you I so can relate. Today I want a body switch. While I am greatful to be pregnant and estatic I am having a baby after trying for months. I am so cranky today and feel awful. Everything hurts and well I want a break for 1 day. If only they could come up with a body switching procedure for a day. This pregnancy is wearing me out. Everything from my abdomen hurts and sleep what is that haven't had that since I first got pregnant. All in all I know how you feel and I am going through the same thing as you. It's nice to hear it is not just me. :)

 
At 1/05/2007 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((Hug))) I , and all the moms out there, are feeling your pain. It will all be worth it when you hold him in your arms for the very first time. That's the beautiful blessing of that "first moment". All the bad you have ever felt up to that point will just sort of melt away. Hang in there!

 
At 1/07/2007 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, pregnancy is definitely uncomfortable at times. But you're getting so close! Wow, the 3rd trimester already? Yay!!!! Can't wait to see your little boy. :)

 
At 1/07/2007 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?! The third trimester? When the heck did that happen??

As soon as I hit Part Three, my pelvis started hurting and it was a nightmare walking down steps or any surface where both feet weren't at precisely the same level. Of course this had to happen on our "babymoon", aka our last blast vacation as a duo, in Maui. Yeah, I know, poor me, I could have been suffering at home instead ;) Anyway, I found that swimming and/or being submerged in water really helped. Good excuse to buy some new bath salts and try it out at any rate!

Great belly pic, you look wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home