Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Near-Birth Experience

Before anyone becomes concerned, The Unnamed One is snug in my uterus and perfectly happy. His mama is another story.

M. and I are back from our annual vaca to the mountains with my 'rents. A couple hours after arriving at the condo, the power went out and didn't come back on for about twenty four hours. Vacation is NO FUN in the cold and the dark.

Here's the really fun part...and for the squemish, I suggest you don't read futher because this could officially be considered TMI!

I had the joy of awful, awful pregnancy induced constipation during our trip. I'm not talking about a small amount of difficulty but over and HOUR of difficulty which was horridly painful. M. coached me through it with labor techniques she's been reading about (he he) and we have christened the event...Birthing the Poo.

I can't help but laugh, but it was SOOOOOOOO AWFUL. I was seriously considering going to the hospital but it was too far and they would have laughed at me.

Only two weeks ago I was gleefully telling my accupuncturist that I have had NO problems with constipation. I'm actually quite regular. Until now. Good lord, did I have to have just about the worst constipation experience on the planet to knock me off my high horse?

I'm all about water and high fiber cereal from now on. No more near birth experiences.

7 Comments:

At 12/29/2006 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, I have always told my mom that constipation during pregnancy is Gods little way of preparing you to PUSH!! LOL
Throw down so fiber and stay regular! LOL....

April

 
At 12/29/2006 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate. Constipation during pregnancy is awful! :-P

 
At 12/29/2006 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing. I can sooooo totally relate, and the memory is as vivid as if it happened an hour ago. Poor Don was worried I might never come out and I was petrified that I might have to go to the hospital. There was lots of crying. It was bad.

I so hope this was a one time occurance for you. I was then terrified that I was going to get hemmoroids from all the pushing. FX that this also does not happen for you. Ugh!

 
At 12/29/2006 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another pregnancy secret no one tells you until you're knocked up. Everyone I know had at least one poop that required labor breathing techniques to pass...

Me? can you say anal fissure and doctor with an anuscope?

 
At 12/30/2006 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Sacha, I'm so sorry you had to go through that horribleness!

 
At 12/30/2006 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Beautifully written.
I'm sorry you had that experience

You seem to know how to spin straw into gold though.

Here I am desperately trying to get pregnant and thinking
"What I wouldn't do for pregnancy induced constipation"

Am I crazy actually craving this experience?

Sometimes I think of all the indignity I've been through already
- furtively grabbing a spare tupperware from the work kitchen and waiting till no-one is in the work toilet so I can do my internet cheapie OPK -
and I think "Will the little bugger even be grateful I went through this? No! but I'll love him or her like crazy anyway.

All the best to you. Hope that was all the labor practice you needed and your bowels are kinder to you from now on.

 
At 12/30/2006 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I know all about that! I had my fourth "child" about a week after Jack was born. I thought I was going to pass out during....it was horrible. I joked with my husband that I named it "Lucy" because aftet that, my bottom would never be the same. Haaaa.... How's that for TMI.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home