Sunday, March 18, 2007

Two Years of babycakes

I'm sitting here, exhausted, hurting, trying to stay awake for just another half hour. It's all part of operation DON'T WAKE M. UP WITH MY SNORING. If she can get to sleep, I can slip into bed and snore my raggedy head off without keeping her up.

Anyway...

I didn't realize this until today. I've officially been writing this blog for two years (plus four days). Holy fucking shit, batman. I can't believe it. Two years of torturing the world with my innermost thoughts. Just amazing. I don't feel like it's been two years since graduating, two years since the early beginnings of our TTC journey (charting), two years since March 15th when I wrote the introductory post.

It was a year ago, in March, when we bought our stroller. A year ago! We were heading toward our fourth big fat negative. I was sure it would forever curse our efforts to get pregnant but it was the one we wanted for a good price.

It's strange because the TTC process was so hard and painful, and for the longest time I thought I'd never be able to let all of that go and that I'd carry it forever, a scar on my soul. All of that is starting to slip away. I'm glad. It was too much to hold onto.

It's been good. We learned a lot. We coped. We grew close to our fantastic KD. We made wonderful internet friends. I found an old high school friend. Would I trade the journey? Sometimes yes, most of the time, no way in hell.

And now we'll have our little guy to love, whose feet we will chew on and whose tummy we will tickle. And babycakes will turn into a mommy blog. This scares me. Change scares me, but that's the nature of the bull. I'll just hold on for the ride, keep looking for the good and keep writing.

Thanks to everyone who has been on this ride with us. We love you.

And now it's time for bed.

1 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 6:38 AM, Blogger ohchicken said...

so glad to have found babycakes.
congratulations on two years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home