Monday, April 30, 2007

Cooking

My fave pic of our handsome boy so far

I'm going to start cooking again this week.

We've been lucky that our friends have been bringing us food, which has meant we've had meals for about a month. The meals are running out and it's time to get me slaving over the stove again.

It's scarey.

The good thing is that I've discovered that we NEED to be home by 3 pm and all errands must be run between 11 and 3. This means I'll be able to make dinner when we get home.

So we do our first weekly grocery shopping with Finn today. Mac and cheese is on the menu. And brown rice. And vegetables...yummy veggies. I'm actually excited even though it's adding another layer to the routine.

AND...

Finn is four weeks today. Holy fucking shit, Batman. Four weeks.

9 Comments:

At 4/30/2007 8:28 AM, Blogger SC said...

What a beautiful baby. So so beautiful.

Happy 4 weeks Finn (and moms!)

- Kwynne

 
At 4/30/2007 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little man sure is adorable! As DH would say... "you cook em good.." :o)

April

 
At 4/30/2007 2:06 PM, Blogger JS said...

Wow, four weeks. Hardly seems like that much time has gone by. When you said you've had meals for a month, I was thinking you must've started before Finn arrived. Wow...time goes by so fast. He just wonderfully precious and I'm excited to watch him grow up.

 
At 4/30/2007 10:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

He's such a handsome boy! Congratulations...

Maybe you could cook things ahead of time, freeze them, and heat them up in a pinch? Just for the days when nothing goes right? Stews or something?

(Consider that complete and total assvice from a non-mom!)

 
At 5/01/2007 1:13 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

He's totally adorable!!!

 
At 5/01/2007 4:54 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

time flies! he's a cutie! good luck with the cooking. I find it hard when I'm on my own.

p.s. veronica mars is back on tonight!!! yay!!!

 
At 5/01/2007 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby!

I am a new reader and I have been going back through and re-reading your posts.... I do have a question though -- If DtD and BF decided to have a child, would you be willing to be the surrogate, and sort of "repay the favor"?

 
At 5/03/2007 6:34 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Love the picture. He is just so adorable.

 
At 5/03/2007 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember but are you all co-sleeping or is Finn comfortable in his crib? Jesse will be 2 weeks sunday and i can't get him to sleep in his crib at night. At night he will onky sleep in my bed between my husband & I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home