Thursday, May 03, 2007

Feeding Frenzy

Finn must be growing because he fed almost ALL DAY yesterday. He started around 10 am until 2:30. We took a walk from 2:30 to 4:00. He then fed from 4:30 until 9 pm. Seriously. He would finally sack out, I'd move him a little and the little man would want to eat MORE. We couldn't even take his one month picture because he was feeding all day. M. didn't even get to hold him because he was feeding all day.

That is why he's nine pounds. The milk monster.

The good thing is that he doesn't do long feeds overnight. 40 minutes at the most.

M. is giving him is morning bottle but I suspect it won't be enough and the boy will be on the boob shortly. I just have to keep telling myself that he'll slow down at some point. It's the only way I can stay sane.

3 Comments:

At 5/03/2007 2:12 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I stumbled across your blog today and I have to let you know that he will slow down. It's funny that you called him a "milk monster," as that is one nickname I have Maddie as well. At three weeks and six weeks she ate basically nonstop during her growth spurts. It wasn't until she hit about 3 months that she started tapering off to every 3 hours (rather than every two, which was her normal when not in a growth spurt). I hope this gives you some hope for the near future!

 
At 5/03/2007 6:39 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I also stumbled across your blog while trying to find the website for a type of mini potato latkes called baby cakes. I don't have any children yet but I'm considering your blog a primer for when I do!

 
At 5/04/2007 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it really does get better, eventually.

I remember mine from when she was eating every hour on the hour for an hour at some point in those early crazy weeks. Well, almost. But seriously, she'd eat for an hour, take 45 minutes off, an hour at the most, and get back to it for another hour. All day long.

I thought I was going to go bonkers, 'cause really, there's only so much daytime TV you can stand.....

But eventually she did slow down, though she'd often go back to those 'bad habits' for a day or so later on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home