Thursday, June 14, 2007

Play Time

Finn has recently developed the ability to sit our our laps and just hang out and play.

It's strange playing with a baby, especially when your entire existence has been geared toward meeting his basic needs of food, sleep and diaper changes. All of the sudden he wants to play? It's hard to switch gears. I'm finding I'm having to reach far into my memory for all those games and songs of my childhood.

I made a toy basket that we keep on the couch. It has rattles, a whisk, his favorite book and more. We pull stuff out, listen to how things sound, feel different textures and so on.

We sing songs. His favorite so far is Little Finn Had a Farm. He just cracks up. I think M. is a little sick of the tune. I like to mix it up by singing "...and on that farm he had an OCTOPUS!" but then I'm stuck having to make octopus sounds...hmmmmm.

We also play Tour de France, where we do fast bicycle legs, just like he's riding in the Tour de France. M. doesn't like it when I chant "dope, dope" in the background.

Then there's what I do best. Absolute silliness. Silly dancing, silly faces, silly sounds. I'm really glad to finally have an audience and M. is a little less embarassed by my antics in public now that we have a baby with us to justify them.

He he. Play time is fun!

3 Comments:

At 6/15/2007 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Sacha!

That is so. you.

Love,
Traci

 
At 6/16/2007 6:41 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Babies are easily amused. Everything is new and exciting. :P

There are free sing-alongs in our area. Do you have something like that? You'll quickly remember kiddie songs and games.

 
At 6/16/2007 7:14 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

I don't know about sing-alongs. I'll have to check into it.

Traci - yes, I've always had a high capacity for being completely ridiculous. Finally it's paying off. I think you were present when my being silly resulted in popping out a wall over the cafeteria. BTW I have every intention of calling you sooner than later...babies suck your time away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home