Saturday, February 11, 2006

Needed: Cool Cheesy Love Songs

I'm working on a Valentine's Day mix CD and need some help. I'm looking for cool, sexy songs, nothing too contemporary and good to slow dance to. What I have so far:

Burt Bacharach: The Look of Love and What the World Needs Now
Al Green: Let's Stay Together
Otis Redding: That's How Strong My Love Is (awesome song, I must say.)
Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind (not sure about this one but I have a cheesy weak spot for Gordon Lightfoot)
Marvin Gaye: Sexual Healing
Stevie Wonder: My Cherie Amour

3 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

You're my first, my last, my everything by Barry White

For the Love of you by the Isley Bros.

I'm in love and I love the feeling: Rose Royce

Fist time I ever saw your face Roberta Flack

 
At 2/11/2006 10:53 PM, Blogger Lo said...

I am a fan of standards, especially those sung by Judy Garland, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, and especially those from 40s/50s musicals like by Rodgers & Hammerstein (Co has pointed out that in certain respects I am a gay man; I am just sorry that doesn't extend to sperm production). I am also an enormous fan of anything sung by Holly Near, especially her interpretations of standards with a big ol' lesbian wink. No, I did not fit in the world in the 90s, and I don't fit now. But, those are my suggestions. :-)

 
At 2/13/2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

dude- I heart Gordon Lightfoot too!!
I am making a V-day mix right this very moment, but it is mostly contemp alternative. Let me know if you want a song list.
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home