Thursday, February 02, 2006

Old woman syndrome

I am an old girl today. In addition to all my aches and pains, I somehow managed to strain my hip flexor just by walking to the garbage can to throw away my newspaper wrapper. It would be nice to have a good story, like saving small children from certain danger, but NO...walking to the garbage can...

And I smashed my finger in the addressograph machine yesterday.

A couple Aleve and a day of rest should cure it all. And some whining. Whining cures all.

Baby Stuff

We start again Wednesday. Thank you body for a short cycle. DtD is ready to rumble. We'll have only one day of really funky scheduling to get through.

On the bad side, I only have a week and a half of feeling normal until we start the roller coaster again.

On the good side, one more chance for baby to become reality.

I need names...

I'm going to name each try. Since Sherman has left us, I invite all readers to submit a GIRL name for our next little hypothetical blasty.... Since we can insem sooner our timing might be right for a girl.

Love and peace to all.

11 Comments:

At 2/02/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

Bertha

Bathsheba

Beulah

I like alliteration

 
At 2/02/2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Trista said...

going off Sophia's suggestions (I really like Bathsheba)

Boadica

 
At 2/02/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/02/2006 1:50 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

I like Lola.
Or Pandora.

Or you could add lil' to the begining of any name.

Or you could go for a two parter like Beula Sue, or Bertha Mae

 
At 2/02/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger b. said...

Reportedly, when I was in utero, my father referred to me as Grizelda. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for that name ever since.

 
At 2/02/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger starevelina said...

Thumbelina
Rapunzel
Princess Pea

This makes me think of fairy-tale characters, obviously.
Or to give "her" a little umph, you might try something serious, like Jeanne D'arc. Or Athena. Or Xena Warrior Princess.

(J suggests Chicklet;)

 
At 2/03/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Elowyn said...

Gertrude

Donatella

Veronica

I was Yolanda in utero, if that helps.

 
At 2/03/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

I think you may need to rethink a girl's name...according to the psychic powers of my word verification it will be a boy.

Word Verification: mryapa

or maybe it is code for: mary apple

 
At 2/03/2006 8:28 PM, Blogger Lo said...

My name in utero was Yankl, I am told. (They did not know I was going to be a girl.)
We are going to calls ours....babyo, of course. Or maybe Baby 1.0, Co says.

 
At 2/05/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger kiles1670 said...

I think

Lily Rose

Or

Scarlett

 
At 2/07/2006 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're going for something that you're very unlikely to ever use but still sounds fun, how about Esmerelda?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home