Monday, January 30, 2006

Aftermath, or Keeping a Strong Grip on the Zen

Sherman has left us.

My period started in full force yesterday afternoon. I'm still convinced the cramping during the previous two days was something, I just don't know what. When I had cramping yesterday it felt like my usual period cramping.

It was a tough night because sometimes you just have a tough night. To be expected. Now we get up, dust off and move onto the next cycle. We get to go through this all again in 1.5 weeks. Oh yay. At least we don't have to wait long.

In the meantime, I'm going to sit in a hot tub. And I took Aleve last night. HA. Take that kidneys. And I had a beer (left). Take that liver.

Lastly, a word of gratitude. It's hard to try to realize your dreams. Life rarely throws anyone a nice and smooth path. Neither of us could have gotten through our very first try without everyone here. At least we're finally trying and that little baby is out there somewhere.

::big hug::

11 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very behind because I didn't check up over the weekend... I'm sorry that this try didn't work out, but your positive attitude is wonderful! Thanks for sharing all the ups and downs with us online -- this will be invaluable when my wife and I start trying.

 
At 1/30/2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Maria's Pregnancy Adventure said...

I am bummed to hear things didn't go as planned, and I know how you are feeling. I am just waiting for that bitch AF to show up so I can have my white chocolate martini and just kick back and be normal for a few weeks. Just keep positive.

 
At 1/30/2006 11:28 AM, Blogger b. said...

((hugs)) to you both. How disappointing. But your attitude is uplifting. So, enjoy all the beer, goat cheese, and Advil that you want because NEXT month, next month could be the one.

 
At 1/30/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

Sorry that it did not happen this month. Not much to say to make it better, it just sucks. But you seem to be handling it well, today.
It is very nice that you have such short cycles.

Be prepared for the possibility of some big and unexpected grief to hit you this week. I send you both some virtual hugs. Be EXTRA nice to yourself this week.

 
At 1/30/2006 3:49 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

just wnted to send hugs from nyc

 
At 1/30/2006 5:22 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hugs to you both. It just sucks. I'll start the finger crossing for next month early!

 
At 1/30/2006 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan Sacha: So sorry that the baby missed. Hope to see you around The One Thread soon! Pycelan

 
At 1/30/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Lo said...

Sorry, Sacha & M. I know we'll be where you are sooner or later and I do appreciate your paving the way publicly.
As for feeling sure the cramps were something: my friend S. (who I've mentioned on my blog) was pretty convinced that her egg was fertilized on more than one of her tries (I think it took her 4ish cycles to get pregnant?) but that it only implanted and produced a pregnancy once, i.e. the last time. She based this theory on various ways she felt in her body. (she's pretty well read, aware, etc.) Just a thought...since you feel sure something happened, maybe you're right.
But the baby will happen too!!

 
At 1/30/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger starevelina said...

I'm sorry it wasn't a go this time. Thanks for posting all that you have- it's a real gift for J and I, since we'll be starting this journey soon. `Rooting for you for 1.5 weeks from now!

 
At 1/30/2006 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are okay despite the dissapointment. Don't forget to work up a sweat and get your heartrate over 140 before you're back to power walking! Hugs, Anne.

 
At 1/31/2006 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mega hugs here to you both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home