Sunday, January 29, 2006

Zen but not so Zen

My temp has dipped again. But my period has NOT started yet. Another neg HPT (yes, I had to pee on the stick just for my own sanity). Still the same pattern of cramping and spotting. Is there still hope? Can a person dip three days in a row and still be pregnant? I really wish my stupid period would just rear its ugly head so we'd know what's going on. This limbo is driving me crazy.

If my period isn't here by tomorrow we're going in for a blood test. And if it is, I'm having my progesterone tested.

Operation Distract S&M. We're going to head to Costco. Go for a walk. I really wish I could call DtD and BF so we could all hang out but a) if I reveal how crazy my body is at the moment he's going to think I'm defective (hell, I'm starting to think I'm defective) and b) he worked last night and is back again tonight, so he's not really available. Doesn't he know he should be at my beck and call? Hmmmm? They're the only people I think I could handle seeing right now.

I've been thinking of all the good things about not being pregnant. No Libra baby. Another month to acrue my sick leave and vacation. I could get pregnant next month and still be able to take maternity over the holidays. It's not the end of the world to not be pregnant. The timing would actually be better for us. I could lose a little more weight. I have those thoughts in my Zen moments.

In my not-so-Zen moments I'm climbing the walls.

One bad thing. I planned a Valentine's brunch over the weekend we're supposed to insem. Actually, since we're trying to move the insems to the eve my images of having to insem then jump up and make a batch of muffins might be conjecture.

I'm off to check that spotting again. The theme of the weekend has been "I feel movement."

8 Comments:

At 1/29/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger EJW said...

I'm in the same boat.

Temp dropped this AM, but no period yet. Oddly, I also have been doing some-mid temping (I thought I was the only person who did that!) and it was high at about noon. Maybe that's a sign that only the morning really counts. Or maybe it means the low temp was a fluke. Maybe I'm certifiably insane.

I have to stop letting myself hope, it's not worth the disappointment.

Good luck, maybe all the wacky stuff going on is a good sign?

 
At 1/29/2006 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this Sacha, I have the same thoughts at the latter stages of my TWWs (weight, accruing mat leave, etc). I still think there is hope, but you should know one way or the other before tuesday. Hugs!

 
At 1/29/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMO, Your chart looks exactly the same as all the other months. With the temp steadily dropping. I know this 2ww is terrible, maybe this month wasn't meant to be. At least you're thinking of all the positives, more sick leave etc...

 
At 1/29/2006 3:29 PM, Blogger Maria's Pregnancy Adventure said...

I can totaly relate to how you feel. I am not having spotting but I have been having cramps for a week straight now and my moods are so out of wach right now I am either angry or crying. The stupid aunt flo needs to get here so I can just move on. Although I agree with you I am making a Dr. appointment as well as this whole peeing thing and having cramps for a week straight is not my normal. Best of luck to you.

 
At 1/29/2006 6:56 PM, Blogger kiles1670 said...

I wish you the best of luck, we are in to our 5th day after IUI , it is so hard not knowing what is comming. Good luck to you both.
My thoughts are with you

 
At 1/30/2006 6:06 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

Thinking of you guys today.

 
At 1/30/2006 7:19 AM, Blogger Trista said...

What's so wrong with a libra baby!!!! It's the aries you have to watch out for.

On a positive note, I can tell you that having to go back to work from Maternity right before the Holidays SUCKS ASS (we know, we did it) so if there's any way you can plan (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ahahaha ah ha!) when this baby will arrive, being on leave during the holidays is the best.

I am sorry that it seems not to have worked this month. That sucks, too.

 
At 1/30/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

you are both in my thoughts today!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home