Sunday, February 12, 2006

What's YOUR gag factor?

Thanks to everyone for song suggestions. Best. Valentine's. Mix. Ever!

Lil' Gert is out of the gate. I have officially ovulated and we are officially starting the two week wait. And this time I'm determined NOT to go crazy. There will be no laughing about that statement.

I called DtD and told him that we're done for this cycle and he's off the hook. He can have a masturbation-free night (if he choses). We discussed how I know if I've ovulated. I told him about my temp jumps and mentioned that I have "other signs" that I look for as well. I omited that I check my cervical mucus because mucus is DtD's gag factor and I figure it's polite of me to not gross him out.

Aren't I NICE?

Two Week Wait Ideas

To make the next fourteen days more bearable, M. and I are busy thinking of ways we can occupy ourselves until the glorious day I get to pee on that flippin' stick. Here are some of my ideas:
  • Have a hot date
  • Shop for a strap on (he he. M. would like everyone to know that we're not all about sex. I'll let her keep believing that if it makes her feel better.)
  • Go to the movies
  • Go for walks
  • Invoke world peace
  • Write a novel
Any other ideas? I invite everyone to offer up things that will keep us occupied. They can be serious. They can be funny.

Help make our two week wait bearable.

6 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 7:06 AM, Blogger Trista said...

How about working toward the crumbling of the Bush Regime?

How about making and sending Trista some mailable yummies?

How about scheduling an exotic experimental cooking dinner party? That way you spend a great deal of time looking up new recipes to try, cleaning your house, shopping for exotic ingredients, spending a whole afternoon cooking, and laughing a whole evening away?

 
At 2/13/2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Email me your snail mail addy and I'll make you these kick-ass brownies that are too sinful to eat ourselves.

I like the dinner party idea. I'll have to see if I actually have time to put one together.

 
At 2/13/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

But what about us? We have three mouths to feed and absolutely no kiss-ass brownies anywhere in sight.

Some other ideas:
1. Bake a REALLY complicated cake. I made a pirate ship for LM's birthday, with cannons and stuff.
2. Have a spa night (masks, paint toenails, rub oils all over eachother... wait is that for a diffent kind of night?)
3. Make out (no sex, no orgasms, it sounds 'not fun' but it is)
4. Make a fort in your living room and then play board games and eat donuts inside it
5. get the f*ck out of your house and go on some fantastic dates. Because when you have a baby, it gets HARD. Even if you think it won't happen to you, it will. So go see a movie, spontaneously...go to a concert, go for a scenic drive.

 
At 2/13/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger M. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/13/2006 11:19 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Send me your snail mail addy too.

Mmmm...really like the cake idea. I just bought a new pedestal cake plate and would love to use it before my mom's birthday in April. I could tackle a three layer cake, which I've never done before. Of course, M. would be annoyed and whine about the cake because "she's faaaaaaat" then not let me share it with anyone else.

Hot date idea good too. Off for a walk.

 
At 2/13/2006 5:47 PM, Blogger Lo said...

I don't know how many "me toos" you can get on the brownies before it gets annoying.....but...

the point of this comment is that a friend and I (Whimsy of Two More Mamas actually) made an Into the Woods cake. The Sondheim musical. It was SO COOL. We used a shoe from one of my sister's Barbies for Cinderella's slipper....

Co is a cake decorator. She took classes. She once made a teddy bear cake (it sits up and has adorable fur and everything) for my school. *shameless bragging*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home