Tuesday, June 06, 2006

and...we're negative

The beta came back <2.

I swear that my body finds every way to misbehave and tricks me into thinking maybe...just maybe...this is it. Last time on progesterone I spotted. This time, nothing. I guess it's possible not to start your period but not too common. Figures I'd hit the not-to-common area of things.

I think we're okay with things. It actually was fun to think we were pregnant for a little bit. And it will be fun to have drinks tonight with dinner.

Both M. and I now know that we are in for the long haul with this one, so it makes getting a BFN a little better. And knowing that DtD will go past twelve really helps.

This is the perfect moment to take inventory of what is good in my life.
  • M.
  • Four awesome cats
  • Great parents and inlaws
  • A good friend and donor in DtD
  • KK and Jess, two of the best friends around
  • A garden that I was complemented on by a stranger this morning
  • My house, oh I love my house!
  • Chuztpah, you need it to get through life sometime
  • A job I love and a new career when most people never get a chance to do something different.
  • This blog...who could ask for more?
  • My sanity and general good health
  • Much, much more!
Hugs and kisses to all our readers. Hang in there with us.

14 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

:hugs: I'm sorry it was negative.

 
At 6/06/2006 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damnit it, I'm sorry.

Your bloggers are in here for the long haul too, fyi. Though we hope it's not much longer. Hoping IUI will be the quick ticket for you guys.

xoxo

 
At 6/06/2006 1:32 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

thank you Jennifer! It would have been nice to be positive, oh well.

 
At 6/06/2006 1:32 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Beth...funnily enough, we've decided not to do IUI for now. I'll post about that decision soon.

 
At 6/06/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Trista said...

Damn. I'm sorry. But I'm glad you've got so much positive in your life right now. Yay on getting complimented on your garden.

 
At 6/06/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

fuck!!
I am so sorry guys.

 
At 6/06/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger b. said...

Ah geez...so sorry. Glad to hear that you seem to have a really, really good outlook on things. Chutzpah indeed!

 
At 6/06/2006 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poo. That sucks- I'm sorry to hear your news, but glad you have such a good outlook. You're a brave woman :-)

 
At 6/06/2006 4:50 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Sorry to hear your bad news but I love your positive outlook. Here's wishing you the best of success next cycle, and enjoy that drink!

 
At 6/06/2006 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry it was a BFN. Hopefully the next try is yours!!!! It always sucks to get a BFN but at least you are able to focus on the good things in your life. It will happen.

 
At 6/06/2006 6:39 PM, Blogger CD and SP said...

Your positivity inspires the rest of us ttc. Very brave of you, but with you we are sad and a bit angry. Soon...

 
At 6/06/2006 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh. i am SO sorry about your bfn. it sucks, but i'm really glad that you have such a healthy outlook.

 
At 6/06/2006 11:05 PM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Dammit, I'm so sorry about the not being pregnant. But it's great that you are able to see all the good things that are around you at the same time - it's a pretty long list!

 
At 6/07/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Too bad your sixth try on 06-06-06 wasn't the one. Good luck with your next steps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home