Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Moby Wrap

Well, the beta has been sent STAT. Meaning we should know by this afternoon if we have a BFP or not. We did another POAS and got another NEGATIVE. But still no period. Argh. I know this could be because of the progesterone but the last time I took it I did spot, just later and longer than usual.

The Moby Wrap

I'm a fat girl. Not much getting around that. And my boobs are huge. So I have so spend a certain amount of time being concerned about whether or not things will fit. We want to sling our baby and finding a sling that would work over my (and M.'s) boobs is an issue. We've decided we want to use a Moby Wrap and it comes in just one size. So I emailed the manufacturer to find out about sizing, fit, etc... This is what I got back:

We have not yet met a mom who did not fit in a Moby Wrap. You'd simply tie the wrap in the back instead of bringing the fabric around the front to tie there.

Since you are planning ahead, we do make an extra long wrap and can have that made for you as well if you'd feel more comfortable going that route. Simply let us know what color you'd like and we can special order it for you.

What a NICE email. If I ever had any doubt, that seals it. When the time comes, we'll order a regular one and try it and then go to the extra long if we need it.

Time to go kill weeds with vinegar!

4 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a bigger girl - and was a little concerned that the Moby would not wrap around me - at first I was only able to wrap it in the back, which was totally find and felt great. Now after more practice I am able to get 'just' enough in the front to tie up.
We love the Moby - good choice! :)

Good luck!

 
At 6/06/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

moby is a good choice although many plus size babywearers move onto woven wraps once baby gets heavier. the babywearer.com has an article about plus size babywearing and there's a one woman review of slings on plus-size-pregnancy.com. My sis had a preemie and was encouraged to do kangaroo care so i got on a babywearing list serve and bought her a moby, a gypsy mama water wrap and a ring sling from sleeping baby productions (maker is a plus size WAHM). She loved them all and she's about 215 and 5'3" my listserve has a site www.slingsinthecity.com or www.ninonewyork.com

 
At 6/06/2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Trista said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you two!

 
At 6/06/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

eh, uncross those fingers! Oh well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home