Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 12: That Little Niggle of Hope

One way to keep yourself sane during the TWW is to pull a double shift then go back the next day. Nothing like exhaustion to keep a person going.

We've reached day 12. No spotting so far. Boobs still sore. Temp has gone up. And here comes that little niggle, the small voice in the back of my brain that says maybe...just maybe...all this adds up to nine months and a baby.

Usually I hate the hope, but this time I'm kind of enjoying it. Which is why I don't want to POAS quiet yet. I'm not really ready to confront that stark white BFN. I'm not ready to stare at the stupid test for 10 minutes, eyes searching for just the smallest something. I want to hold onto my fantasty as long as possible. Don't make me let it go until I absolutely have to. Thinking I'm pregnant has become the only thing I have left.

One more day to get through.

8 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. On the cycle I got pregnant, I felt different. Like I suddenly had hope compared to previous cycles. Just a feeling that this was it. I hope your feelings and your sore nipples mean you have a great 9 months ahead of you. Keeping my fingers crossed for you two!!!!!

 
At 6/29/2006 8:10 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

one more day.

& dude- that's not a double shift- that's a triple!

 
At 6/29/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Targetgirl said...

I agree with stacey, the cycle i got pg I felt different too. And I also wanted to put off looking at the white bfn. And, like you, we had just made some heavy decisions that took the pressure off ttc (if possible). Ooooh! I am so excited for you two!

 
At 6/29/2006 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really hoping this is it for you....

Positive thoughts coming your way from Texas.

 
At 6/29/2006 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh...this is so exciting! I have a really good feeling about this!! Umm, hurry up tomorrow and get here, because a bunch of us have our nippples crossed and it's starting to get a bit uncomfortable, LOL.

 
At 6/30/2006 6:13 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Sending you & M lots of love & hope for today's beta x x x x x

 
At 6/30/2006 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FX for you guys! I'll be checking in later to see what happens. If you need a distraction, I'm running a poll on my blog... (shameless self-promotion there)

 
At 6/30/2006 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck today. I'm anxious for you.... I don't want your hopes to be dashed anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home