Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Pregnancy is in the Air

It seems that everyone around me has decided to get pregnant.

I’ve learned today that two of my coworkers are expecting. I really am happy for them, because if I wasn’t happy I’d shrivel into a miserable and bitter lump. I wish nothing but the best.

I keep telling myself I’ve learned to live with the pain, that it doesn’t hurt as much. Yes, I lie to myself every day to preserve my sanity. Because it still hurts, damn it, it never stops hurting. When you want something so badly and watch everyone else but you get it, it hurts.

It takes a big person to be happy when you just feel sad inside. I just have to keep trying to be that person. Be it until it’s real.

5 Comments:

At 6/22/2006 7:34 AM, Blogger mintyfaglady said...

I know how you feel.
We received no less than 3(!)scan pictures today, with announcements of good news from friends (honestly, the words "we're pregnant" would have done the trick - I get it!)

Sounds like you are a bigger person than me. I'm trying, but so often I find it easier just to shut down and fade away quietly.

We haven't even been trying very long, athough even getting to the being able to try stage seemed to take forever. I'm so worried I'll become that bitter lump. All tips gratefully received!!

 
At 6/22/2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how it is. It's okay to feel bitter--it's natural. I was more like the Queen of Bitterness during TTC. I was happy for the person but wanted it for ME, not them. I'm sure your BFP will come soon!!!

 
At 6/23/2006 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am right there with you. Totally, completely with you. But our time will come, I'm sure of it.

 
At 6/23/2006 7:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I sooo know how you feel. My cousin who is 4.5 years younger than me, has the perfect body, already owns a home, blah blah blah, just got married in April & is already 6 weeks pg. I am happy for her, but sure do wish life was so easy for me.

 
At 6/24/2006 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Pycelan from Mothering. Just checking in to see how you all are doing in this TTC game we are playing. Wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and rooting for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home