Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kidz Hip Hop

I'm putting together a mix CD for the twins in an effort to introduce them to the joy of hip hop. I'm really excited about what I've put together. Here's the play list:
  • Because I Got it Like That - Jungle Brothers
  • Me, Myself and I - De La Soul
  • Lady don't Tekno - Laytryx
  • Jenifa Taught Me - De La Soul
  • Doin Our Own Dang - Jungle Brothers
  • Mistadobalina - Del Tha Funky Homosapien
  • Check the Rhime - Tribe Called Quest
  • Freedom - Jurassic 5
  • Buggin' Out - Tribe Called Quest
  • Break - Jurassic 5
  • The Magic Number - De La Soul
  • The Frog - Sergio Mendes feat. Q-Tip
  • I Try - Talib Kweli feat. Kanye West
  • Astronomy (8th Light) - Black Star
  • My Favorite Mutiny - The Coup feat. Black Thought and Talib Kweli
A shout out to all other hip hop fans, anything else I should add?

5 Comments:

At 6/22/2006 6:20 AM, Blogger J said...

I always thought that "Scenario" was a good kids song, though you'd be very Tribe heavy.

 
At 6/22/2006 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would add Lauryn Hill but that's just me. :)

 
At 6/22/2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

what? no Queen?

Latifah I mean.

or what about some tame beastie boys?

or, um, tame Misssy?

 
At 6/22/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Ah, I will add Lauryn Hill. And I should put some Queen Latifah, i do love U.N.I.T.Y. but I'm worrie about the 'who you callin' a bitch?' with the kids.

 
At 6/23/2006 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're looking for something to add, I think you should add my name to the distribution list! Sounds great - have lots of fun with the twins!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home