Friday, June 30, 2006

Staring at the White

We're negative. I've vowed to never, ever, ever pee on a stick again. I'm tired of the sticks. I'm tired of staring at a window of white. We're both tired of this whole thing.

It's been a hard day.

We cried this morning. I cried at the doctor's office and Angela the lab lady gave me a hug. Cried during acupuncture. Almost cried at the mall. M. and I are both tired of crying.

My body has finally performed the ultimate mind fuck. I didn't think it could be done. I'm sitting here with aching boobs, no spotting, no period and STILL NOT PREGNANT. Amazing. Sometimes it feels like the world is pushing us, heaping on the pain and all we can do is bend under the weight then try to stand up as tall as possible.

On a good note, seems our STAT beta cost us $3.28. I'm going to have them every day if they're that cheap.

What's next. The dreaded C word...Clomid. I've scheduled an appointment to talk with my doc about going on either Clomid or Femara. And we have everything lined up to be able to do an IUI next cycle if the timing works out AND if my liden factor V comes back negative. Timing is an issue because the clinic is only open M, T, R and F. Blah blah blah BLAH.

We're going to a movie because we need to escape tonight. Then to the nursery tomorrow. Tuesday we'll celebrate the 4th with my parents. Then we get started on number eight.

16 Comments:

At 6/30/2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Gosh darn it, I was so hopeful for you two. I don't know if it helps any, but with all those symptoms, it sounds like maybe something started and then didn't stick. I'm really sorry.

 
At 6/30/2006 8:57 PM, Blogger Targetgirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/30/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Targetgirl said...

Many hugs to you both. I cried buckets on our ttc journey. Eventually we moved to clomid and it worked. I hope you have the same luck. (and I was TOTALLY against it when we started)

*sigh* sorry this process is so sucky.

 
At 6/30/2006 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aargh! You must feel like Charlie Brown did the first time Lucy pulled the football away. I'm so sorry, I know it has to be frustrating beyond belief. It took me 18 months to get pregnant and I actually got to try the "fun" way with my husband and it still got to be a drag. Bt I have a baby to sgow for it, and I truly believe that you will, too. Hugs to both of you.

 
At 7/01/2006 6:11 AM, Blogger *G* said...

Hugs to both of you. Sending you lots of luck for everything to work out for the IUI next cycle.

 
At 7/01/2006 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there, it's frustrating, but as you know well worth the journey! we went through 3 rounds of injections b/c clomid didn't solve the problem but in the end we have a beautiful little girl to show for it. and i'd do it all over again in spades for the same results ; )

 
At 7/01/2006 6:54 AM, Blogger Lucy LuLu said...

I just wanted to tell you that I took clomid even though I didn't have any obvious signs of a problem ovulating and I got pregnant the first try. It wasn't bad at all! Good Luck!

 
At 7/01/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

crap. I am so so so sorry.
shit- this just sucks!!!

(I did both femara & clomid. As far as symptoms go femara was s/e free for me. But I think I got better follicle results with clomid.)

 
At 7/01/2006 7:47 AM, Blogger mintyfaglady said...

Oh that's just shitty! I'm so sorry for you both. Hugs. :-(

 
At 7/01/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

crap crap crap!!!

I know how much this hurts...and I know how it is to cross that line of Things I Never Thought I Would Consider

 
At 7/01/2006 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

arg! How frustrating and heartbreaking. I'm so sorry this is happening. I really thought this was the one for you.

Hugs,
Anne

 
At 7/01/2006 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap! i'm sorry.

i took Clomid for the first time this cycle and i didn't get a single side effect, as far as i could tell. i only make eggs from one of my ovaries (that's a self-diagnosis) and i only had one dominant follicle so i don't know if it did too much. but all you need is ONE, so who knows.

 
At 7/02/2006 10:00 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

fuck.

 
At 7/03/2006 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

((hugs)) Super suck. This next try will be our 8th ttc cycle as well.

Our bodies are able to create amazing symptoms out of nowhere and it is just maddening. I'm right there with you.

 
At 7/03/2006 7:25 AM, Blogger Trista said...

I'm so sorry. This sucks rotten ass.

 
At 7/05/2006 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I'm also on attempt #8 - I never imagined it would take this long (and can't imagine having it take years). I hadn't read your blog recently and was so hoping to see good news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home