Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bring in the Clowns

I read an article about some research done in Isreal about using clowns in infertilty clinics. Seems they increased their conceptions rates from 19% to 30% when the patients were entertained by clowns.

Clowns....hmmmmmm...

Maybe I need a clown of my own. After all, we do all kinds of wacky things during TTC. Why not bring in the clowns? M. thinks I'm crazy but she also knows that I really would walk into a clinic with a clown. Imagine it...M., me, DtD and our clown, Bubbles*. I want a real professional clown...you know, balloon animals and a tiny bike and a horn that honks and a flower that sprays water. Then if we got preggers, I would tell everyone...I never would have gotten pregnant if it hadn't been for the clown!

*M. says that Bubbles is not allowed to look up my 'hoo-ha' (her words, not mine).

2 Comments:

At 7/02/2006 9:58 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

You totally would! And if I were in the same fertility clinic I would run away screaming, if you walked in with a life sized clown. Clowns scare the shit out of me.

But seriously, whatever works. I'm so sorry this cycle did not work. Y'all are working so hard. It is incredibly emotional, and you absolutely need cheer wherever you can find it. I wonder if a fabulous drag queen could bring the same hapiness to us queers. Wouldn't that be even better at the clinic, you, M, DtD and Ms. Divah?

 
At 7/03/2006 4:39 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

He he, a drag queen might work too. It's sad that I feel like happiness is so far from my grasp at this moment. At least the idea made me laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home