Friday, July 14, 2006

One Hot Ovulating Mama

...or mama-to-be!

The egg has dropped and we're into the TWW again.

The Good and the Bad

It's been such an amazing cycle. We start with Dr. G. telling us that she'd do the IUI for us, then we meet TTC lesbians who live JUST around the corner, our friend Jess' cousin got preggers using IVF, then the bad...we have a somewhat botched IUI because my body decided delay ovulation a bit.

So we did an IVI, an IUI and another IVI last night. More good in that our boy gave us good volume even through we flogged him. He he, I guess he likes being flogged.

I finally took the opportunity to thank DtD for everything he does, because he is really awesome and he doesn't even know it. He just brushed it off, saying "oh, I'd be doing it anyway."

Okay, I can buy that he would masturbate on a regular basis but I don't think it's small thing to abstain from having sex with your partner, masturbate on demand into a cup in various locales and then give it to your friends so they can get pregnant. He even called in sick to work because the IUI had to be done in the middle of when he's normally sleeping. All of this with pretty much no fuss.

So, no, he's not your average Joe who would just do IT anyway.

6 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 9:04 AM, Blogger Dallas Blue said...

aww, I'm growing so fond of DtD. (as I'm sure you are.)

best wishes and good luck! I'm rooting for you!

 
At 7/14/2006 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to have such a cooperative guy? Our donor is similar and it makes everything so much easier. Things are so crazy in this process it is seriously a blessing for the KD to not be a PITA.

 
At 7/14/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

hurrah for DtD!

 
At 7/14/2006 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this eggie have a name?

 
At 7/15/2006 5:35 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Sounds like you have such a great KD! Sorry about the delayed ovulation. How many hours was it delayed by? Our RE seems to think that washed sperm still lives longer than you might expect so hopefully the sperm was there waiting for the egg. That would mean a good chance of a girl, supposedly. ;) FX for you two!!!

 
At 7/15/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Stacey - We did got the + OPK on Tuesday at 4:00 pm but it was the first time we tested that day, did the IUI the next day at 3:15 pm then I didn't get my temp jump until Friday morning, so I ovulated some time on Thursday.

Who knows if the IUI has a chance or not. There's possibility that I ovulated within 24 hours of the IUI but I'm pretty sure it was over 14 hours afterward.

My theory, I'll just listen to the people who say what I want to hear, so SURE, 24 hours...works for me.

A girl would be nice. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home