Sunday, July 02, 2006

Support Group

I've decided M. and I are going to start a support group.

Sophia started one in NYC so there's no reason we shouldn't start one here in Seattle. It'll be for TTC lesbians who are Taking Some Time to get Pregnant (six tries or more). We can rent a room at the Seattle LGBT center for $15.00/hour and people who come can give a dollar or two.

The thing is, there's not a lot of support out there for this situation. So why not make our own? We need shoulders to cry on and people who understand how painful this is. We can share stories and strategies and eat food (I'm all abou the food!)

Are you in the Seattle metropolitan area and in this situation, or do you know of someone who is? Would you come to our group? Post if you're interested.

5 Comments:

At 7/02/2006 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would LOVE TO JOIN YOUR SUPPORT GROUP!!! I am another girl w/ girl that posts with you on FF AND we live in Seattle! What a small world!! LynnCC01.... send me an email girl! LynnChristen@aol.com!!!!!

 
At 7/02/2006 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just re-read your post, however and I see that it is for gals that are trying 6+ times... We don't fir into that category just yet, but the road has been pretty rocky up until now... PCOS ovrstimulated by the C word, and skipping cyvles to "calm down"...etc etc

 
At 7/02/2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Lynn...I don't see why you couldn't come to the group. I'll be posting more info later...

 
At 7/03/2006 6:32 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

I used six months as to mean either actual cycle months or time you've been on the ttc path e.g. someone with five cycles within 8 months qualifies.

 
At 7/06/2006 10:45 AM, Blogger mel said...

(de-lurking, hello!)

You're right that there isn't a lot of support out there for this situation. I don't even know of any online, but I'm far from Seattle (Dallas) so your group is not an option - it sounds great, though! I thought about starting a forum for those of us who are TST but I haven't. Would you be interested in something like that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home