Monday, August 07, 2006

Is that some kind of glow or a glare?

Funny things have been happening to me ever since I got pregnant. It started with the really nice, could barely speak English, Chinese lady at the bus stop. She stood and shaded me with her umbrella for about ten minutes while we waited for the bus. No one ever does that.

Then the really nice people at Baja Fresh gave me FREE guacamole. It must have been the pathetic way I dug through M.'s purse searching for enough change. It made my bean and rice, no cheese, burrito truly tasty.

Am I glowing already?

At the same time, maybe it's the deeply crabby mood I've found myself in lately. I just feel frayed. And while most of the time the general public would shun crabby types, perhaps they sense the all consumingness of my petulance, and are compelled to be kind in order to pull me out of it.

That would be the glare.

A perpetually annoyed look I wear on my face, when I don't get enough sleep, the one that says I didn't want this particular table and I'm tired and I'm hungry and you're being way too cheery right now so GO AWAY. Or something like that.

I will be very glad when we reach twelve weeks, when I know things will be okay, when I feel a little more even and balanced.

2 Comments:

At 8/07/2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Maria's Pregnancy Adventure said...

Oh boy can I so relate. I have been ultra crabby as well although today I am somewhat content. Just keep in there and think positive thoughts. It is funny how we are going through this together we started at the same time and now we are pregnant at the same time. Very ironic if you ask me. Well good luck to you.

 
At 8/07/2006 1:33 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

mmmmmm Baja Fresh, how I mis it so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home