Sunday, December 03, 2006

Feeling the Kick

I've been feeling the Unnamed One move for a long time now...since about sixteen weeks, maybe earlier. It started as little muscle spasm-like feelings in my belly then moved onto flutters. Now it's mostly flutters and once in a while a full-on kick.

Poor M. She's been dying to finally feel her little boy. Every night she places her hands on my belly and tries to feel him. The ironic thing is I swear every time she touches me, he calms down.

Today she finally felt him.

We were sitting on the couch with her hand on my belly and he let loose a pretty solid kick. At that same moment M. jumped and said "ooooop!" It was him!

The nice thing? I haven't felt him kick from the outside yet. The first person he's interacted with on The Outside is M. That makes me really happy.

8 Comments:

At 12/03/2006 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how very cool!! It's so hard to feel the little buggers kick, they seem to know just when you're waiting impatiently!

Love the new belly shot! Gosh, your hair is unbelievable!! And you look SO happy =) How about a shot of all "three" of you (one undercover, of course!)?

 
At 12/04/2006 8:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! That is so awesome! My cousin who is coming up on 30 weeks pg said her husband freaks out a little when he sees her whole belly move from their little boy kicking.

 
At 12/04/2006 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for M!!!

 
At 12/04/2006 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one of the fun parts of pregnancy. All the crappy feelings subside for a while when you can focus on the movements and such.

 
At 12/04/2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Jude said...

So awesome. SO awesome.

 
At 12/04/2006 1:59 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

That's so exciting! I remember the first time I felt our baby kick from the outside--totally weirded me out. I too only had Angele feeling her kick from the outside which I thought was great. And I still think it's wonderful that she has been the only one to feel and see her move. I wanted her to be first, before other people. Just wait until it gets crazy with rolls and huge bumps moving across your belly--it's quite surreal to watch. :)

 
At 12/04/2006 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool!

 
At 12/05/2006 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! :D You should also try laying on your back at night or whenever he is active - we call it "Belly TV", haha. We started doing that when we were at about where you are in the pregnancy because it was often easier to "see" than "feel." Plus, whenever Rose puts her hand on the baby it calms him/her and the kicks stop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home