Monday, January 29, 2007

Baby-Moon Come and Gone

We're back from the world's shortest baby-moon. Some people head for exotic locales, soak up the sun, travel to foreign countries (okay, we did that).... M. and I found a hotel with what has to be the most comfortable bed in the entire world.

Highlights

The bed. I mean, a huge king bed with 100% cotton sheets, down pillows (extra for the pregnant lady), a down comforter, and it was all snugglicious.

Walking. Despite my horrid cold, we walked all around Vancouver. We had a beautiful day on Saturday and spent almost the entire day on our feet, exploring different neighborhoods, enjoying being outside and being together.

Talking. It's never been a problem for us, but it was nice to just focus on each other and talk, talk, talk. The emergence of little boy is becoming increasingly real and our together time, carefully cultivated for fourteen years, is about to radically change.

Ice cream. We went to a place that had OVER 200 FLAVORS of ice cream. I mean, CRAZY. I wanted to take a picture and send it to DtD since he loves ice cream.

Thai food. Do you get the feeling we think a good vacation means eating a lot? We went to this amazing Thai restaurant that has spoiled us for all other Thai food. It's become the reason we like to go to Vancouver. Oh, now for the ice cream too.

Friends. We met up with Anne and M. and had a really good time. Who said internet relationships can't work? Next time we see them we'll be three, not two.

Little boy. He likes Vancouver. He decided to be uber active for the last couple days. I don't know if its hormones or what, but I am so completely crazy ga-ga over our little guy, it's pathetic. I utterly adore him and we haven't even met. M. is just as bad. WE LOVE OUR BOY!!!!

Now we're both sick. I'm the snot machine but have reached some sort of functional level. I may call in sick again on Weds if this crap hasn't cleared my system. Poor M. is flat on her ass on the couch and sucking down the tea/theraflu/emergen-c.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1/30/2007 11:41 AM, Blogger Holly said...

200 flavors of ice cream!!!!
IF we had one of those near us, Lois would be in her glory.
We kept talking about a baby-moon but with the bed rest coming into play, it never worked out.
It's great that you had a getaway before the little Baby Boy arrives.

 
At 1/30/2007 1:37 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Glad you had a great trip! Sorry about the colds though. I want some ice cream too... Never been to Vancouver yet but would love to go one day.

 
At 1/30/2007 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are so going to rock at motherhood. I get excited by just reading how excited you are to meet your little boy. I am so happy for you.

 
At 1/30/2007 9:23 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

Ok...now I am just JEALOUS! Mike and I have always wanted to make the trip to B.C. Hmmm...maybe I can pry him away from the photography studio for a week or so....? Yeah, it could happen! :) Glad to hear you gals had a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home