Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Doctor Saga: Coming Full Circle

We're back to Dr. G.

It's funny because this is the second time our lives have come back around to her. She is now going to truly be our family practitioner. She will take care of me, of M., she will deliver our son and she will take care of him as well.

The appointment went well. She will take us. The only way we will be dumped at this point is if I end up with actual PIH and not just preexisting hypertension (PIH is pregnancy induced hypertension, more commonly known and preeclampsia). She is very suspicious of Dr. Dog Lesbian's desire to anti-coagulate me post partum.

Highlights?
  • Dr. G. referred to me as a "healthy person" instead of the train wreck I've started to feel like.
  • I was treated like a vaginal birth is the most logical outcome in my circumstances
  • She would let us go post-date, no early induction because of hypertension
  • My hypertension was treated as a common complication of pregnancy instead of pushing me into HIGH RISK
The best part? It was the first visit in fucking TWO months where I didn't cry. Something is wrong when a person ends up crying at all her prenatal visits. Time to re-assess the plan at that point.

The Clotting Saga

Yes, it continues. It seems to be the neverending story.

Dr. G. is going to send us to a pernatalogist for a consult regarding the clotting. I don't mind this at all, as long as my primary care isn't going through a perinatalogist. This new doc is reported to be reasonable in his approach and will meet patients where they're at with their care. Meaning if I tell him I won't be anticoagulated before or after birth, he will explain the real risks and tell me the best route to managing my pregnancy.

I'm just tired of having FEAR, FEAR, FEAR imposed onto my experience.

This means ANOTHER ultrasound on the 22nd prior to our appointment because Dr. Big Shot Perinatalogist doesn't want the one I JUST HAD at BHOI. I guess we'll see the boy again.

The best part? My father has agreed to be tested for the known genetic thrombophelias! This should finally give us some answers. Thank you papa!

4 Comments:

At 1/13/2007 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sacha and Megan you guys have been through the ringer lately! I'm glad you found somebody you're comfortable with and I am sending uncomplicated relaxed third trimester vibes your way. You deserve a break!

Much love,
Anne and Milena

 
At 1/13/2007 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you do deserve a break! And I'm glad you finally had an appointment that felt empowering. Good luck with the new peri. I can't imagine getting a cuter ultrasound picture than the last, but it should be fun to see your boy in action again.

 
At 1/14/2007 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally had a good appointment and that the medical professionals are finally listening to you. Good luck!

 
At 1/15/2007 7:48 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Oh great news all round - you so do not need to feel scared/weepy/not listened to at all your appointments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home