Saturday, January 06, 2007

Yoga for the Unyogable

I finally made it to prenatal yoga. And it kicked my ass.

First, I am the worlds most inflexible human being. Ironically, if I'd been doing YOGA prior to this, I probably coudn't claim that title. But I can, and holy shit, it hurts. I'm now the queen of alternative poses.

Second, fat girl yoga is no fun. I need a special fat girl prenatal class.

Will this stop me? Hell no. I'm a Taurus, after all, and if there's anthing we are it's stubborn. And pig headed. And stubborn. I spent eight years being the worst shot putter on the planet so I can handle the humilation of sucking at yoga.

I used to mock yoga and acupuncture and all the woo woo of the world. The experience of TTC, subsequently Taking Some Time to Get Pregnant and now Pregnancy itself has really helped me open up to different ideas and philosophies. It's actually kind of exciting.

3 Comments:

At 1/06/2007 9:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That would be "bell-headed" not "pig-headed." :o) My husband is also a bull-headed taurus.

 
At 1/07/2007 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like me if I tried yoga! and I'm not the pregnant one!

 
At 1/07/2007 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a brave, brave woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home