Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Painting!

After the cat boxes, the next thing we need to get done is painting our interiors. We painted our living room (orange, and yes, we still LOVE it) when we moved into our house 6+ years ago and the rest is the original dirty rental white.

That's all about to change.

M. and I can't cope with the painting we need to do. I'm exhausted and freakin' pregnant, trying to cope with twelve hour shifts for seven more weeks. She has a lot on her plate keeping the household up and getting ready for LB.

So we decided to hire a painter. That was a problem in itself because, for the life of me, I have NO IDEA where to find a painter. The only thing I had was a name from my friend Dane.

Well, I found the painter's number thanks to Qwest Dex, he responded right away this am, he came over and gave us a quote an hour and a half later. It was reasonable. He starts tomorrow. Holy shit, we have a painter.

So, the laundry room modifications are done. The cats have started USING the one catbox we moved. Our walls should be painted over the next couple weeks. I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel for getting ready for the little boy. It feels good.

I'll post pics as things get done.

Now time to clean out the freezer.

4 Comments:

At 2/01/2007 3:14 AM, Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

What week are you working up till? It seems you are working so late into your pregnancy! I finish work in 5 weeks, at 32 weeks. In Australia nurses have to finish 6 weeks before their due date unless they get a doctors certificate saying they're OK to work for an extra couple of weeks past that. We get 12 weeks full paid maternity leave and a year off in total. I'm worried about you working so late - you sound tired (like I am already too) and it seems like you're not going to get a rest before all-night babycare shifts. Can you do a post about your maternity leave rights etc?

 
At 2/01/2007 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show us a picture of your living room! I'm glad to know someone else who is not afraid of color! When I moved in with DH I stripped the wallpaper and grasscloth that the previous owners had [badly] installed in the great room, and painted it sunflower yellow/orange glazed (the walls are textured) and cobalt blue. It matches all the Van Gogh prints we have.

Although, watch out for that living room, when my DD was born the lacation consultant thought she had jaundice before realizing the baby was NEXT TO A BRIGHT YELLOW WALL.

 
At 2/02/2007 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I also suggest, for any future projects, that you consider checking out Angie's list? Rose and I have used it for seriously like 10 different people since we bought our house and it is an excellent resource!! If you don't want to buy a membership just find someone you know locally who does and you can have them look for you or give you their account info. I do this all the time for friends.

 
At 2/02/2007 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mermaidgrrl - holy shit! Can I seriously say you just made me feel 10000000x better about quitting my job early? I have still been feeling guilty about "just not being able to do it anymore" at 34 weeks. Your post made me feel a lot better and realize how fucked up our country is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home