Tuesday, March 20, 2007

BP Update & Thoughts of Impending Induction

Well, my BP is continuing to misbehave. I'm okay if I'm at home and lying down. Activity makes it go up. I'm also starting to spill protein into my urine, my weight is significantly up (but very little swelling - third spacing, I guess) and we're waiting for my liver labs to come back. The reality is that things are probably going to keep trending worse.

Dr. G. initially said we'd induce tomorrow but then backed off. The plan for now is to check my BP every 8 hours and do bed rest. I'll most likely be induced within a week. We did do an internal at this visit. 0 dilated, 40% effaced, baby is mid-line. Basically, my body is NOT ready to go yet. It doesn't seem to have an option, though.

It's funny because we told Dr. G. that we can't be induced until tomorrow afternoon. M. has a job interview and our doula has finals in the morning. Then we're all ready to go.

M. and I went and got all my post-partum prescriptions dropped off. The cosleeper is set up. I called our acupuncturist. We have a few more errands left. Our last birthing class is tonight. We are now working on finding a low-cost or no-cost post-partum doula to help out once or twice a week.

The only thing left is that we need a DATE. You know, a hot date. A nice dinner and some time to really think about what's coming up and enjoy each other. Life is about to change and we both want to savor what we have now for just a few more minutes.

It appears that our son will be here soon. I'm simply amazed. Come on little boy, your mamas can't wait to meet you.

12 Comments:

At 3/20/2007 5:56 PM, Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

Well I think you've done an amazing job to come this far babe. He'll only be a few days early really and is actually full term when you think about it. Considering all the stress of working so far into the pregnancy and struggling along with your crappy ankle I think you've done great. I can't wait to see your little bubba pictures!

 
At 3/20/2007 6:46 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

A bunch of your friends inside the computer can't wait to meet LB, either. Best wishes!

-Rachel from Rainbow Conceptions

 
At 3/20/2007 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to both of you! Another baby with two loving and mindful mommies -- the world needs our kids I say! Can't wait to see your little one :-)
Melissa, Anne and family
www.growingfamilytree.blogspot.com

 
At 3/20/2007 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're eager to meet LB too! Go have your hot date, enjoy one another's company. How very exciting and lovely we all are to get to tag along on your journey!

 
At 3/20/2007 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well okay we're lovely but I meant we're lucky!

 
At 3/20/2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Lides said...

De-lurking to wish you all the best -- Happy Birthing :-)

 
At 3/20/2007 10:38 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

I am so excited for you. Have a SUPER HOT date and induce labor yourself.

 
At 3/21/2007 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking also, wishing you the best and can't wait to hear about LB. Man this is so exciting!!!
Lisa :)
www.cornerofmyworld.com/blog

 
At 3/21/2007 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you order in food and watch a movie for your hot date? I know what you mean - Rose and I are tired of waiting but it has been so blissful and lovely to spend time together just the two of us lately, and enjoy our last few weeks together (I'd hoped they'd be *days*, but whatever, haha!) Glad you are hiring a PP doula and if people still have gifts to get your or want to know how they can help, suggest they contribute to the PP doula fund!! Or build in some people to come do your laundry - people you know will just come, do laundry, then leave and not bug you guys and the baby. I'll be thinking about you guys - Bamf and LB will both be Aries now, haha!

 
At 3/21/2007 8:17 AM, Blogger Married Lesbian Mom said...

I don't comment much (don't really know why),but I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading from the begining and I am so excited for you both. You will both make great Moms and its blogs and stories like yours that gave my wife Lauren and I the courage to become parents again (I have an 8 year old from my straight years, best thing to ever happen to me!). Know that we are thinking of all 3 of you.

Make sure you keep us updated with pictures too!

(((HUGS))) from NJ!

 
At 3/21/2007 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very exciting! I hope all goes well and that you get your date!

 
At 3/21/2007 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I can't wait to read about LB too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home