Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pre-Labor Update

My nausea is back. I'm assuming this (un)pleasant recurrence is all about the end of pregnancy. LB is going to come out the same way he started...with me SICK. I'm trying to eat smaller meals more often and upping my protein but the nausea just won't go away.

Ugh.

I'm starting to get stronger contractions that are going around my back as well as my belly, but only when I'm out walking. They seem to come about every two or three minutes and they're increasingly painful. I come home, sit down on the couch, and they subside. They are also mostly in the afternoons and evening with some overnight. Still irregular. Still ramping up.

Anything else...just that I'm really, really achey and LB has started to do the cervix pinch regularly. Oh, and my bowels are moving quite well. Same hip and pelvic floor pain but a massage and chiropractor appt. actually helped.

Whoo boy!

I've scheduled the acupunture induction for Monday. It's a full moon and I'm going with the urban myth that babies like to be born on the full moon. Monday is good 'cause M. has some unemployment job fair to go to in the a.m. Monday is GOOD.

So we wait. Tomorrow is another NST, another doc appointment, and if the weather holds, another walk. Then Friday I'm going to try to get into my old swim suit and we're going to the POOL. That sounds SO NICE.

Oh, and tomorrow is also 39 weeks...39 WEEKS...39 WEEKS....

9 Comments:

At 3/29/2007 12:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can NOT get over how quickly it's gone by. Well, to me it seems like it, I don't know about you guys.

 
At 3/29/2007 12:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, those are all really good signs (well, depending on when you want LB to arrive) - my mother told me that with her pregnancies, her body totally cleaned itself out to make ready for the labor/delivery/pushing stuff right before labor started.

Just for fun, if I had to bet, I'd say you won't need the appointment on Monday.

 
At 3/29/2007 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have followed your pregnancy since before you actually fell. From those 8-9 months of trying to the illusive positive.

I'm in Australia - I don't even know how I came to find your blog (FF I think).

Amazing to think that you tried for 9 months and now you've been pregnant for 9 months and I'm still on the TTC merry go round. We had our first IVF appointment today so hopefully it will work for us.

Good luck - I'm loving the daily updates!

 
At 3/29/2007 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a full moon birth. It sounds like such a cool way to start the story.
Hope you get some rest.
Thinking of all 3 of you & getting so effing excited!!!!!
xo

 
At 3/29/2007 5:09 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I've also been following your story since before you got pregnant, and I'm so excited that you're finally almost there! Congratulations!!!

The best thing I ever did was join a gym with a pool when I was pregnant. Enjoy your swim - oh my god, it feels so amazing when you're so big and heavy.

I'm so excited for you, and check daily looking to see if LB has finally made his entrance. Best wishes for an easy, safe delivery!

 
At 3/29/2007 5:11 AM, Blogger Jude said...

Oh my gosh, I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

 
At 3/29/2007 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I'm dying over here. I'm excited to hear if LB made his way out yet!!!! Keep us posted!!!

 
At 3/29/2007 6:58 AM, Blogger Hope said...

Are hourly updates too much to ask?? hee hee!

So excited!!!

 
At 3/29/2007 2:18 PM, Blogger ohchicken said...

i check in many times a day now...i am so excited for you. i can't wait to see your lb.

btw, finally started my own ttc bloggy: wearefambly.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home