Thursday, March 22, 2007

38 Weeks: Reflections on a Pregnancy

Little Boy is busy digging his foot into my ribs. Yay! I wanted to take some time to reflect on the pregnancy a bit since LB can officially come out and it appears his time snug in my uterus is limited.

The good stuff.

Growing a baby is a good thing. It's an amazing thing. It's a challenging thing.
The third tri has been mostly good.
My wife, who has been an amazing support.
Yogurt. It has protein, makes a good snack and tastes good.
Feeling LB move.

The challenges.

14 weeks of nausea and getting sick of every single non-medical intervention.
Sciatica and turning over in bed at night.
Eating for two. I'm SO SICK of protein.
My health and being scared about my health.
Working and realizing that I needed to stop.

Things I couldn't live without.

The damn bella band. Seriously.
The support belt.
Tylenol. Yes, mostly useless, but it's the only thing that will let me get to sleep at the moment.
High fiber cereal.

The useless.

That stupid snoogle. I'm sorry, but it's crap. It's poorly made, has broken down and for the money we paid for it, I could have gotten a nice body pillow from The Company Store. Ridiculous.

What I'm looking forward to.

Being a coyote-ess in labor!
Lying on my BACK!
Being able to get up and down without whimpering.
Having a bowel movement without it being an event. Seriously. Sorry if TMI.
Peeing like a normal person.
WALKING! FAST!
Remembering something, even the smallest thing, versus nothing.
Having a BABY. A freakin' BABY!

5 Comments:

At 3/22/2007 8:51 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

They say the brain doesn't go back to normal until the baby's 6 months old... :P I still can't remember stuff.

I loved the snoogle, personally. I used it and loved how it wrapped around so I could have it under my head and between my legs. I guess it's a personal choice.

Yay on 38 weeks!!! I am looking forward to reading your birth story and seeing LB. :)

 
At 3/22/2007 9:17 AM, Blogger Momai said...

cheers to all that! I'm so excited for you!

 
At 3/22/2007 10:25 AM, Blogger Targetgirl said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!! And I agree, the brain takes a looooong time to get back to "normal," if it ever does. The sleep deprivation doesn't help. Many positive thoughts to you as you are on the cusp. Hope dinner tonight is wonderful! Know you are getting warm sunny thoughts from San Diego. *squeeeeee!*

 
At 3/22/2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Oh I'm so excited for you three! You made it!!!

Julia was born at 37 weeks and 5 days.

I can't wait for the pictures!

 
At 3/22/2007 12:34 PM, Blogger party b said...

I hope you enjoy your last days as a duo! :-)

Brain cells are supposed to come back????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home