Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ramping Up

I've been having 4-6 braxton hicks per day for a couple weeks now. No big deal and they really didn't hurt at all.

The last couple days the bh contractions have been getting stronger and they're starting to hurt a little bit. I'm getting some cramping as well. I'm also getting them more often...sometimes three in a row over about ten minutes. They're still not regular or getting stronger, so not really close to labor.

My body is getting into gear.

It's hard not knowing HOW this will all go down. Most people I've known who are at the end don't just go suddenly. It seems like there are usually WEEKS of contractions and cramping...not really labor, just the practice stuff.

I'm working on developing a zen-like patience that I've NEVER had in my entire life.

One thing I do know...my body is more ready than it was a week and a half ago when we were first threatened with induction. That's a good thing.

The bad thing? We're freakin' SICK!

Both of us. I swear that we never, even get sick at the same time. Now we're both hot, sticky, snotty, coughing SICK. Which is why LB can stay in until Sunday. His moms need to get a little better before we meet him.

4 Comments:

At 3/28/2007 4:59 AM, Blogger Jude said...

I am getting SOOOO excited for yoU!!

 
At 3/28/2007 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My getting a cold was the first sign that my babies arrivals were fast approaching. Just a thought.

 
At 3/28/2007 8:39 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Yes, I've thought about the cold thing. Truthfully, things feel like they're finally moving along. Last night I started having some significant cramping and the contractions feel like they're in my back now as well as my front. Still not regular at all and this a.m. I'm fresh as a daisy. I know people who have cramped like this for WEEKS, so we'll see.

 
At 3/28/2007 8:53 AM, Blogger Estelle said...

Ah man, I hope you get better before he gets here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home